Coco Cay for seniors

WindinmySails

• 3 weeks later...

:) there are so many activities to partcipate in. You can take them on tours,shoping or just walking around.If they like beach activities,there are many there as well.Then there is the option of staying on board the ship & doing the ship daily activities.

Have a great time with you parents.;)

• 2 months later...
I am talking my parents on their first cruise!!

They are not really 'beach people" but mainly because of skin cancer problems my dad has had. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to do that would be fun.

They are very active 70s.

CoCo Cay is so very beautiful. I have taken my Mom at 75 and at 80 there. We are returning in May, can hardly wait. She also has a skin CA problem. Buy good quality sunscreen (one that does not sweat or towel off --a sport type usually works well), apply 30 min before you leave your cabin. Take one of the 1st 3 tenders over and look for a hammock in the shadeor just relocate several deck chairs (they are everywhere!) to a nice shaded area. There are several little "Bars" set up with tiny front porches. Chairs are available there. Great to sit and read a good book and drink a Virgin frozen CoCoLoCo. They can walk a bit at the edge of the water so they can tell everyone they were in the water. You can get a great pic of them at that time. A nice frame and it is a good gift once you are home. Have a wonderful time. Oh don't for get a hat and sunglasses.

• 2 weeks later...

They are not really 'beach people" but mainly because of skin cancer problems my dad has had....

I am 60 and have had skin cancer problems since I was 25 - Basil cell and squamous cell cancers. I use lots of sun screen. There also is clothing specifically made for sun sensitive folks. What I wear has an SPF of 30 or so. My typical private island attire on a cruise is long pants , a long sleeved shirt, a large billed cap with a drape around the sides, and flaps over the back of my hands. I do everything but swim. I won't mention the brand name of the clothing I use since we are not supposed to advertise here, but your dermatologist's office should get you going in the right direction.

• 5 weeks later...

October 2005, we were cruising on the Zenith, on the last day, there was a stop there, at first I thaugt this is a good place to walk around buy souvenir, take a nap under the palmtree on hammock made for two, etc...

We made arrangement to go snorkling at Coco Cay, many people got sick during the trip, but we did not, until I enter into the water, the area was quite polluted, soda can, plastic forks in water, etc...

So if we stop there again, I hope the area is cleaner and I will bring my own gear, just to make sure I won't catch anything this time, it took me almost 3 weeks after the cruise to get better.

• 4 weeks later...
I am 60 and have had skin cancer problems since I was 25 - Basil cell and squamous cell cancers. I use lots of sun screen. There also is clothing specifically made for sun sensitive folks. What I wear has an SPF of 30 or so. My typical private island attire on a cruise is long pants , a long sleeved shirt, a large billed cap with a drape around the sides, and flaps over the back of my hands. I do everything but swim. I won't mention the brand name of the clothing I use since we are not supposed to advertise here, but your dermatologist's office should get you going in the right direction.

sunprotection clothing too and it really helps.....no sunburn or even a hint on cruise to Greek Isles/Turkey etc last month...this is not the gauze like fabric but a solid light fabric...so comfortable do not even realize I have it on.

Archived