Norovirus

werchy

We are leaving 1/29 on the Slendour of the Seas out of Galveston. I have heard and read so much about the terrible Norovirus, that I feel like I will ruin my trip by worrying about it the entire time we are on the ship. :confused: I will be paranoid one of my family members will catch it. We always keep Purell in our Pool bag, purses, and pockets, along with Lysol for our cabins. (remote controls, door handles, light switches, etc.) Does anyone know if Royal Carribean does anything in the way of prevention or do they only react if there is a breakout on the ship?

I am a worrier and I almost don't want our family to eat off the Windjammer Buffet because of all the hands on the food tongs, etc. I am afraid this way of thinking will ruin my trip. Any words of assurance would be so much appreciated.

Thanks!!

There have been many discussions on this board about norovirus on and off ships, ways to prevent catching it and how the ships respond. You should search for "Norovirus" (go to Search This Forum located above the page numbers). Here is one thread to get you started:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471068

Have a great time on your cruise.

Karen

HostKaren@CruiseCritic.com

Archived