flight to hawaii

cruisepal48

hello all, my first post on this board,

My DH and I are going on the POH March 12th. We are flying in the same day as I didn't make pre-cruise plans. We are doing a post cruise stay. Anyhow I hear NCL uses United airlines. We are coming from Seattle and when I looked at the flights to Hawaii I saw that they all or most of them went to Denver before going to Hawaii. My DH is levid and is refusing to go if thats the case. It would take us all day to get there. We haven't recieved our docs yet so I don't know. When I called ncl they didn't know anything. Do any of you know? Has anyone come from Seattle using NCL sea/fly

thanks

If you are flying out of SeaTac on United you cannot fly non stop to Hawaii. You will need to fly to Denver, San Francisco, or Los Angeles or worse yet Chicago. Depending on connections etc, Denver could be the shortest routing. I have flown United from SeaTac on several occassions and have never been routed through Denver. Granted these flights have not been NCL arrangements but each time I was routed through San Francisco.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Flying to san fran or LAX would be exceptalble for DH, but not going backwards. I sure hope that's the case, otherwise I'm going to have a problem on my hands. I think with all the snow recently has him worried. I tried to tell him that we were going in March. I think we'll get out docs next month, so we'll see.

When we flew out from the east coast for our Pride of America cruise using NCL's air it was on Delta. We had to fly from Fort Lauderdale to Atlanta before heading west on a nine (9) hour flight which wasn't very wonderful, but necessary. I do believe NCL will allow you to make changes for a fee, but I'm not sure what that is.

Hello all, thanks for your replies,

Yes there are a lot of things I'd have done differently if I'd read these boards first. I would have booked a pre-cruise stay on Oahu instead of post-cruise. I'd have booked my flight myself as I've seen better flights on different airlines. United flights can take up to 14 hrs to get to hnl. I used a TA and she did everything through NCL. I have a March 12 cruise and have made my final payment so I think I'm stuck. I will make a fuss if my flight is that long as DH says he won't go

I have a March 12 cruise and have made my final payment so I think I'm stuck. I will make a fuss if my flight is that long as DH says he won't go

We are booked on the Feb 3rd sailing for POAm, and we did change our plans after making all final payments. Call NCL now and tell them you need/want to extend your trip, it takes about 48 hours for them to get back to you, but it was worth it (hound them a bit at the 48 hour mark if they haven't called). We called after the new year and told them that we didn't want to fly in and out on the days that the ship sailed, and that we wanted to fly in one day early and leave two days late...total charge for the flight change was only $140 to extend the trip (plus hotel, car rental, etc which we booked ourselves via Expedia).

Just FYI, flying out of Hawaii on Sundays are very expensive, Fridays, Mondays, and Tuesdays are not bad at all.

Thanks for the reply. If I fly in the day before the cruise is would be on Sunday as we start our cruise on Monday. Also I do have a TA that could try and change our flight. As a matter of fact I don't think they make the air flights until about a month before the cruise. I'll give her a call and let you know.

Well, I called my TA and she said it would cost me over $100 per person to change our flight. She also tried to reasure me the flight would get there on time. She said to wait until we get our docs to see what the flight is.. Then we can deal with it. I'm making sure on our next cruise to check the boards 1st. I get more good info from them then my TA.

Hello and welcome to cruise critics.

This cruise board is so full of information from experienced cruisers with a wide vast of information on the airlines, pre and post cruise hotels and even shuttle transportion as well as places to eat on pre and post cruise stays.

One thing I didn't mention was as well the ships all about them and cabin selection and shore excurisions.

I'ts to bad you didn't find this site before booking your cruise.

You would have had so much great advice from so many of the cruise critic member that travel a lot and know all the in's and out's to all the things I mentioned above.

I have saved so much money time and gained so much information from the members here I can't ever thank them enough.

Marcy:)

Hello and welcome to cruise critics.

This cruise board is so full of information from experienced cruisers with a wide vast of information on the airlines, pre and post cruise hotels and even shuttle transportion as well as places to eat on pre and post cruise stays.

One thing I didn't mention was as well the ships all about them and cabin selection and shore excurisions.

I'ts to bad you didn't find this site before booking your cruise.

You would have had so much great advice from so many of the cruise critic member that travel a lot and know all the in's and out's to all the things I mentioned above.

I have saved so much money time and gained so much information from the members here I can't ever thank them enough.

Marcy:)

Marcy,

I totally agree with you. I would have gotten a port side stateroom instead of starboard. Did a pre-cruise or fly in the day before the cruise. I have gotten a lot of info though like renting cars and touring myself rather then buying the expensive ncl tours. I also bought the revealed books that was recomended by so many. So, even though I didn't get on sooner I still have gotten a lot out of this board. I also have the menus for the POH. I looked quite a bit before I joined. Then decided to join so I could post a message. This Hawaii cruise will be my 2nd and what a way to be able to see several islands and have your hotel go with you. Thanks to everyone for all the good tips and advice. I'll probable be asking more questions before my trip.:D

What is the difference between a portside and starboard side room on the POH

Hello,

The Port side is left as you're looking to the front of the ship. Starboard would be right side of ship. The reason I would have liked a Port side is because that way I could stay in my balcony cabin and view the Na Pali Coast when we sail by it after we leave Kauai. Now I have to make sure I'm up on deck to view it. I learned this on this board.. For the volcano they turn the ship around so both sides see it..;)

Archived