Contemplating first Princess Cruise

Stragf

My wife and I are looking at the Mexican Riviera Diamond Princess cruise on 3/3/07 from LA.

Two years ago we did our first cruise on Holland America to the Caribbean. We LOVED it.

I am looking at a jr. suite on the Emerald deck. Reasonable choice? How is the Mexican cruise?

I've read and heard that Princess is a very nice line.

Thanks all!

We sailed on the Sapphire Princess out of LA for the Mexican Riveria cruise and we both agree, it was probably our favorite cruise so far. The ports were both interesting and beautiful.

I've never sailed on Holland America, but I have heard people compare the two cruise lines and some think that they are comparable. I find that Princess is very classy but also laid back and that there are plenty of different things to do for all interests.

If you decide to go, I hope that you have a wonderful time!

I have been to the Mexican Rivera several times on Princess (I live in LA so its a fun easy cruise) It is fun and it is also nice to "warm up" this time of year.

I have not been on the Diamond, but have twice been on the Sapphire, her sister ship and she is a beauty!

My wife and I are looking at the Mexican Riviera Diamond Princess cruise on 3/3/07 from LA.

Two years ago we did our first cruise on Holland America to the Caribbean. We LOVED it.

I am looking at a jr. suite on the Emerald deck. Reasonable choice? How is the Mexican cruise?

I've read and heard that Princess is a very nice line.

Thanks all!

The mini-suites on the Emerald deck are fully covered. Fine choice if I may add. :cool:

We sailed 10/31 last year from San Diego on Celebrity, Mexican Riviera itinerary. Smoothest seas we've seen; Fantastic ports; fantastic weather. Went to the west coast after a horrible experience in the Caribbean the November before - 10 days of clouds and rough seas on HA. We're traveling with Princess for the first time this year and looking forward to it. Wishing you an experience like we had in the Mexican Riviera... my husband wants to move to Ixtapa! Fell in love with Zihautenejo (spelling?); so quaint! Enjoy your trip!

:) Thanks for all the responses!

The great thing about our Caribbean cruise were the beaches. I've not been on the Mexican Riviera cruise, and I'm wondering about the ports on the Diamond cruise Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan, Cabo San Lucas, and then back to LA?

Stragf,

You really got me thinking on this. First we love the MR cruise. Have never been to the Caribbean and really do not have an interest in it.

Why is that? We live in Sothern CA, I drive along the beach every day to get to work. So beaches are not important. If we lived where we were landlocked a beach would be important. Do not have to fly for the cruise. Honest I really do not like to fly.

The waters in Mexico are not as warm as in the Caribbean. We just enjoy visiting the ports. My husband and I also tend to avoid the sun, so chair hogs do not bother us.

It is a prespective type thing. We enjoy cruising not for the beaches or the sun, but for us, a week of being pampered with no schedule and as many books as we can bring is a wonderful thing.

It kind of depends on a persons unique view of what they expect from a cruise.

Archived