Stalled at 3 lbs to goal!

jonesmen

Help! I've lost 61.5 lbs. since mid-Sept., but I'm stalled at 3 lbs. to go to goal. I want to get to goal (which isn't too low - only top of the range), do my 6 weeks of maintenance, and then once I'm lifetime maybe drop a few more pounds. But, I have to get to goal 1st! I'm exercising, journaling, not using a lot of flex points, etc., but my body is fighting me.

Words of wisdom or helpful hints to get to goal?

Bobbi

It sounds like you are doing weight watchers, is this right? I don't know much about WW, I haven't done it in 20 years. But if you are on a plateau

you might do a web search for this. I did, and I came to find lots of hints. The main one I could see was my serving sizes. I watch calories as my diet and I got to the point when I would eyeball everything. One day I had a baked potato, with light sour cream. I decided to put it on the scale just to check and it weighed around 9 oz. My serving size was supposed to be 5 to 6 oz. A little off here and a little off there add up to lots of extra calories. If you don't check your serving sizes you might just try that. If you are faithful with that or your diet doesn't require it, than I would do a web search for

"weight plateau" and see if anything helpful comes up.

Good luck,

Angie

Bobbi,

You might also change up the way you do your workout. sometimes your body gets very efficient if you do the same routine over and over. Just changing the order or trying a new thing can really get things moving again.

Tami

If you have access to a lap pool, try swimming laps instead of power walking. It is easy on the joints, feet, and shins... It works just about EVERY muscle... I think that it even burns MORE calories than power walking. Or maybe try a water aerobics class... The resistance of the water works wonders! :-) Good luck and happy loosing!

Over many years I have found 2 ways to break out of a weight stall:

1) a starvation day, liquids only like ice tea with sugar substitute, bullions, diet soda, black (or sugar substitute) coffee, water, crystal light tyope drinks. Do this only on a day you are home all day.

2) do a blow out day, eat every thing [pizzia pasta the whole works. when you go good again the weigt plateau is often broken.

Archived