Christmas Day in Miami -What to do?

wongri

Our group of four adults will be disembarking the Navigator of the Seas on December 24th and spending 3 days in Miami before boarding the Summit. Any ideas what we can do in the 3 days which include Christmas day.
Will everything be closed on the 25th?
Thanks for your assistance.
Rita

Having lived in Pompano Beach much of my life (32 miles north) when I go to visit on Christmas, my favorite thing is to lie on the beach! Then I can say 'guess what I did Christmas Day'!
There will be lots of restaurants open serving special meals but a lot of other things will be closed.
Have fun! Almost b2b's! I'm jealous!

See if you can get into Wolfie Cohens Rascal House Restaurant, not the one in South Beach (which isnt the real one). This place is unbelievable for food and cheap prices and the waitresses warn you about the huge portions. The waitresses are all at least 90+ years old. This restaurant played host to the mob and many, many famous stars who entertained in Miami. It really is a land mark and not to be missed. It's like nothing we have experienced in our lives.

I was born, raised & educated in Miami and just like everywhere else, most places will be closed on Christmas Day. On your other two days there, here's are a few suggestions:

Coconut Grove, Key Biscayne, Miami Seaquarium, Monkey Jungle, Parrot Jungle, drive down to the Florida Keys or take a tour of Everglades National Park

[SIZE=5]S[/SIZE]

• 2 weeks later...
Rita,
Hi! How are you and the rest of the gang doing? It was great to see your name on this thread. We're on the Summit again in November and then the Millennium in April. Hope to see all of you on another cruise someday soon!
Patricia (and Frank)

I would skip staying on Miami Beach. Rent a car and drive down to Key West - it's about a two hour drive - and spend a couple of days there. You could drive back the morning of your cruise. Key West is an exciting place with lots to do and the drive is beautiful, with plenty of things to see on the way.

Hi Patricia & Frank - Great to hear from you!
The clan are all well and enjoying our cool summer in Toronto.
Too bad we are not on the Summit at the same time.
Rhonda and Troy will be with us on this cruise to celebrate New Year's eve onboard.
It will be our first holiday cruise onboard.

We will be on the Infinity in September to Hawaii. Kaye and John (Grandma) may also be on that cruise. It depends if John can get the time off.

Enjoy your cruise on the Summit. I want to hear all about it when you return.
Good luck to Frank at the craps table!

Pearl, Tin and Daisy send a big hello.
Maybe we will see you on a cruise next year. . . we have booked the September 2005 Transatlantic on Constellation.
Happy cruising!

cfk2439 - thanks for your suggestion.
Will look into logistics of driving up to Key West for some fabulous pie!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Rita

[quote name='tuggers']Having lived in Pompano Beach much of my life (32 miles north) when I go to visit on Christmas, my favorite thing is to lie on the beach! Then I can say 'guess what I did Christmas Day'![/QUOTE]Tuggers,
Have you ever heard of a place out in the Intercoastal Waterway called Cap's Place in the Pompano Beach area? They used to have a little ferry boat that would pick you up at the onshore parking lot. They feature a hearts of palm salad.
My DW's relatives used to own that place. They still might. The original family was from Pittsburgh, PA and part of the family went to Florida and opened a restaurant. If the place is still owned by the "Hasis" family, we sure would like to know about it just to keep in touch.

Last time I asked someone it was still there in Lighthouse Point. My Aunt and my best friend, Sandra Cromer lived near the marina, If the little boat wasn't full we would ride back and fourth with the afternoon crowd. It was quite rustic then and Governors and all sorts if famous people in limos would come and get in that little boat! The food was wonderfull! In fact I have hearts of palm in my cupboard now (no one ever know what they are!). :D

[i][font=Comic Sans MS][color=darkred]Hey, it's going to be Christmas, here's what I'd plan on doing![/color][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][color=#8b0000]Build a sand snowman![/color][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][color=#8b0000]Carve a styrofoam ice sculpture.[/color][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][color=#8b0000]Have a nerf snowball fight.[/color][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][color=#8b0000]These are just a few of many things that can be done to stay in touch with the season.[/color][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][color=#8b0000]StretchO[/color][/font][/i]

Archived