Houston car rental/not quite right

icanflossu

Okay, so after pouring over these boards, I took all the wise advice and booked a room at Comfort Suited in LaPorte and attempted to rent a car with Enterprise. I called the local office and she told me to call the one way 800 number, so I did. They rep quoted me Hobby to NCL port $33...but the return is $59. Why such a huge price difference. Does this seem right?

Very strange. Seems like we're all getting different answers. I was told by 1800 number for one way rentals and the Hobby Enterprise office that I would be charged a one-way fee of $60 with a drop off in Galveston.

I'm getting my rental from a local Enterprise near the airport, to avoid this. (need to take a taxi to this Enterprise 2-3 miles away).

Doing a one way from Galveston to Houston Hobby on the way back.

No one way fee either way.

For your return trip, do you have the car longer than 24 hrs. (like overnight and a few hrs)?

Michelle

Very strange. Seems like we're all getting different answers.

For your return trip, do you have the car longer than 24 hrs. (like overnight and a few hrs)?

Michelle

Actually, I have it longer on the way to my cruise as we're flying in the night before. Way back, I have it for one hour.

STRANGE!!!

Enterprise rates are not set in stone -- I used to work there (in the city of Houstyon) and we were always encouraged to get as much rate for a car as we could by our managers... as a result you can get a lot of different price quotes!

As for the 800 number... a lot of their rates seemed to fluctuate based on how many cars were actually on a given lot. Unfortunately the whole car rental industry seems to work this way.

When we rented from Enterprise summer of 2005, there was no drop-off charge. I booked a car online for the two days we were there. Picked up at Hobby (their shuttle took us to pick up the car.) We made sure that there is no drop-off charge when we picked up the car and asked them about dropping the car off at the pier. People at their Hobby site told us to call Seabrook about dropping off at the pier. Since it was a Saturday, they told us that it was OK to drop off at pier of Houston. Paid $3 parking, left the key in the car and that was it! (We were taking a 16-day cruise from Houston to L.A. through Panama, so we were not returning to Houston.) It was very easy.

Archived