Cabin #4090-oosterdam-have You Been There?

wizard-of-roz

We're doing our very first HAL cruise and I need information about cabin #4090.

Have you ever been in this cabin and what did you think?????????

I need to know the set-up. Couch (no couch). I understand sometimes they remove the couch in this cabin and replace it with a chair.

Will I like it.....I have time to change.....

• 6 months later...

My sister booked a NN cabin, was given an instant upgrade to a K. We saw her cabin number today, it's H4090.

Roz, did you enjoy this cabin?

Was it too much noise by the elevator.

Was there any kind of view?

Has anyone else stayed in this cabon? Your thoughts and opinions?

THANKS!

magictam: Cabin 4090H: There is a view of "machinery and ropes" If you look down you can see the Promenade deck and if you look to the side, you can see the ocean and land. You will hear the sounds of tenders being raised and lowered.... it wasn't too bad! On one day there was a crew member standing outside the window....don't be scared! And, watch what your wearing (only on one day!)

The room is extremely small. There is maybe 15" from the foot of the bed to the wall...just enough room to walk (one person at a time). There is one chair in the room and a stool under the desk. The TV takes up all the space on the desk, leaving room for the ice bucket/water bottle and keys.

The entrance hall is very wide, allowing for a wheelchair to enter but it must be stored in a closed position. We stored it outside of the room, at the bench's, near the elevator. It can't be left in the hallway (safety issue.) If you need a wheelchair to get around....you won't be able to use it past the bathroom!

The beds are best left separated, it will give you more room to walk. If the beds are pushed together....the room is "one big bed!"

There is a table that moves 360 degrees so that you can open the closet and then walk past the table to the bed or to the bathroom. If this table did not exist....you would have no where to put anything..other than the beds.

There is not enough room for both of you to walk freely, in this cabin...it's one-at-a-time!

The bathroom is not as large as most handicapped bathrooms...it was adequate. There is a small incline to go up into the bathroom but no step-up!

The drapes are closed electrically, thank God....because to walk past the beds and get to the drapes is not easy!

Bottom line: The beds are phenomenal! The bedding is excellent! The room steward kept it immaculate! There's lots of "nooks and cranny's" to store stuff....look under the TV, there's a shelf for items there and there's drawers in the nightstands...but the closets are small. If you need lots of hanging space....there really isn't much! If you don't spend a lot of time in your room...it's okay! For us, I would not book this room again.....It's just too small for our needs! :o

If space is not important to you.....you'll love the location of this cabin.....it's at the end of the hall, on Deck 4, very close to the elevators...which you NEVER hear. We never had to wait long to get on the elevator and they were never crowded.

I, personally, loved the location of the cabin........:)

Have a wonderful cruise........You will LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this ship!!!!

Wow Roz thank you so much for the details. I think my sis will be happy with it. They don't need it for handicapped accessiablity and they booked an guarantee inside cabin. So I think they'll enjoy it.

We'll be on the Noordam, but I noticed that the layout of the decks are very similar if not identical.

Again thank you.

Archived