Villefranche transportation

We will be on AOS this coming back and will be docking in Villefranche. We have been to this port before and did the Nice and Monaco on your own tour. We would like to go back to Nice and maybe to St. Paul Vence. Does anyone know if it is easy to get a taxi at the pier? I know people speak very highly of Revelations Tours, but we didn't necessarily want a tour. I have a feeling that may be the way we have to go, but thought I would ask. Thanks for any information.

The train is extremely easy to catch to Nice from Villefranche and will cost of fraction of the cost of a taxi. It's also a kind of nice adventure to catch a local train. The train station is about a ten minute walk from the tender dock. If there is one port to catch a train, Villefranche would be the one since it's so easy.

Just a note about the train to/from Villefranche. Pay attention to the recorded announcements for the trains. Make sure you hear the "Villefranch sur Mer" announcement, or you'll end up on the express train that goes right through the station.

If you're interested in taking the bus, it also picks up right along the promenade area in Villefranche. I have a great simplified map of the bus routes of the area. Email me at pcurri at that yahoo place, and I'd be happy to send it to you. Shows, Monte Carlo, Eze, Villefranche, Nice, St. Paul de Vence, Vence. Great little map.

Archived