Suite cruise on Veendam Jan. 6th

stray

My husband, 28 yo daughter and I had a suite for the first time. We have been on many many cruises before and never had this experience. It was fabulous. Let me get two little things out of the way. The fruit basket is the same one given in all cabins, orange, apples, etc. Nothing special. The same with the flower arrangement, just a few mums in a little round bowl. However, we certainly enjoyed the welcome aboard champagne we found chilling in our cabin. The suites are really large and have a seperate dressng area with a sink. The balconies have room for two lounge chairs with a little table in between, as well as a round dining table with four chairs. We were thrilled. For those of you who say, you don't spend much time in your cabin, let me say, we definitely did. It was too lovely not to indulge. In addition, we were directly opposite the Neptune Lounge, and found ourselves running across the hall to check out the delicious food presentations. We would then select a "little" tidbit and bring it back to our cabin. We often enjoyed the continental breakfast offerings before going ashore. The Neptune Lounge concierge was Joan, and she could not have been more helpful. For ex., when we had to bypass Costa Maya, Joan offered a complimentary phone call to cancel our individually planned shore excursion. She also took care of changing our dinner reservations, and when we wanted a spa treatment it was reserved for the same day.

We thoroughly enjoyed the three special suite functions: Two cocktail parties with the officers, and the fabulous suite luncheon. Speaking of cocktails, the second night I ordered appetizers for the three of us, and they sent enough, both hot and cold, to feed the whole floor.

It also was a real priviledge to be able to disembark without having to get a tender number. Our cabin steward, Wayang was exceptional, but then so many are. He was delightful, always smiling, and happy to fullfill any request.

We thoroughly enjoyed our suite experience, and hope to be able to repeat it someday.

Congratulations! They are wonderful. When I first booked a S, DH kept telling me not to 'get spoiled'. The first thing he said when he walked in the cabin was "Now, I am spoiled!" We are proof that it is possible to go back to 'regular' cabins - our last 2 were 'plain-old' :rolleyes: outsides and the next is an inside.

Archived