Diamond access to concierge lounge

Joaniers

I thought it was 5000??;)

Whoops..........slip of the finger. You're right.

I totally agree with this statement. Along with access to the CL, suites get to pay a premium to their cabin stewards. Instead of $3.50 a day it is $5.75 a day for the gratuity. That's also in the brochure. Are all of you who are reading the brochure going to give that to your steward too?

We stay in a JS most of the time and do auto tip, and the amount is not the $5.75, but I would guess that all of you who feel that the brochure entitles you to access to the CL, also feel you HAVE to tip at the suite rate, afterall, you are in a suite. Perhaps I am incorrect and you all are going to go to the pursers desk and tell him/her that a mistake was made and RCI didn't tip your steward enough because he was tipped at the regular rate instead of the suite rate and you want that corrected. Somehow, I doubt that will happen. Feel free to flame me, as I am sure you will.

Katie

Well said Katie. We are D+, stay in a JS, and do tip at the suite rate.....if our service is above and beyond the call of duty......which is always is. But that is our choice. And the reactions that we get from our cabin attendants after receiving their envelope makes it all worth while.

I still say that there should be a Diamond Lounge and a Concierge Lounge. The letter that is received in your cabin with your CL key clearly states that RCI is extending the privilege of Concierge services to all D and D+ guests. Now, what does that tell you..........the CL was originally put there for suite guests only. Then C&A decided to add the CL as one of the perks for making D/D+.

Most of the cruises that we have been on, they have moved the evening cocktail hour up to one of the larger lounges to accommodate everyone. We have heard both positive and negatives comments about this.......mostly from suite guests who don't feel they should have to go somewhere other than the CL that is located closer to their cabin.

Excellant post Katie............:)

Are you serious? Besides the fact you all have another to agree with your displeasure about this situation. Duh!!! Of course JS pax who are receiving CL service should pay the suite fee! I think it's a silly post. It's a no brainer. Suite service=suite tip.

Oh and by the way, don't forget you have to tip the bartender when you get a drink! Wow, what a great post huh?

I feel there are a lot of disgruntled (sp) cruisers......I thought they were all a bunch of happy people :cool: I still cant get over someone saying I "embellished" all I can say is I am very happy this is not my roll call board... Geezz way too much attitude :(

I feel there are a lot of disgruntled (sp) cruisers......I thought they were all a bunch of happy people :cool: I still cant get over someone saying I "embellished" all I can say is I am very happy this is not my roll call board... Geezz way too much attitude :(

I hear ya spag! No worries. It's all quite funny really. :p

Spag, sometimes posts are taken wrong. It's hard to include voice tone with typed words. Trust me, it was nothing personal. As for attitude, I'm one of the last to have a bad attitude.

Relax man, is all good here! ;) (except for yogimax, he ticked me off a few days ago!)

After all these threads about JS and Concierge Lounge access (deja vu!), I'm thinking DH and I won't bother to book anything above a JS. We are well aware that JS does not qualify for the lounge. The lounges sound so crowded and with so many pax trying to push the benefits (Can I bring guests? Can my kids come during cocktail hour? and so forth). Add in all the JS pax (and that's a whole bunch of pax on some ships), and I just don't see it as being much of a benefit anymore. How on earth can one concierge handle the requests of so many pax? Even when they open a satellite lounge, it seems like both lounges are crowded with pax pushing to get what they want. No thanks. (I know, all the more room for others. Fine with me. A few "free" drinks and some reservation services aren't worth the fuss, IMO.)

beachchick

Archived