Playa del Carmen Transfers from ship - do you have to take them back?

bowbiter

Just wondering if anyone has taken the transfers from Playa del Carma off the ship for an excursion on shore not booked through NCL. I really want to go diving and am wondering if there are ways to go diving in playa del carma then take my own transfer back to cozumel... which btw does anyone know how to do that?

I'm not sure if this should go in Ports of Call or here but I stuck it here since I"m not sure the other ships offer the transfers off early.

Sorry, I don't have your answer, but I was wondering the same thing. If it was possible at all, and how to do it, to book something NOT NCL and get off in Playa. If not, one has to go to Coz and then take the ferry back resulting in wasted time. I'd wish they'd make you sign a waiver or something that you understand the ship will be in Coz and it's your responsibility to get back to it.

I just wanted to post again because I booked under 'excursions' for the Dream, the ferry. I think it was 29.00 for the tender to Playa, then the ferry to Cozumel (I think it said 4:00). I did this and am booking to do something else in Playa outside of the ship excursions also.

thanks for the reply beachbummama. i tried to call ncl's shore excursion # but they were no help. now the dream doesn't even stop in playa and the website said something about a 9:30 docking time. but if you go to that cruisecal site it says 8:30...so i wonder if 9:30 is the time you can start getting off the ship? and i wonder if buying those tender tickets will let you off first...only thing is i really don't even need to bother with it anymore other than to get off the ship faster.

I booked it directly online through the website. It's actually a tender boat to Playa from the ship and apparantly those with booked excursions are the only ones who can take the tender in.

I have read that because of weather sometimes the ship doesn't stop there at all, not even to let the tender passengers go in, and sails directly to Cozumel. Which there is a ferry from Cozumel to Playa you can get on your own.

I haven't heard anything about our ship not stopping there. Did they just take it off your itinerary?

wow, so I guess those tender tickets won't come in handy after all! LOL I might still get the ferry over from Cozumel. A lot of the tours you can book in Playa have instructions from taking the ferry in Coz. We've been to Cozumel several times and was looking forward to something different.

if the tender tickets help get me so i'm one of the first off the ship it's worth it (at least until i get priority tender ticket status ;) ). but i loved cozumel when i was there before - it's probably my 2nd favorite port with dominica being #1 :)

Archived