Butlers for RS on Constellation and Mercury

rogerdm

Rogerdm...... Yes, I have sailed on the Mercury in a RS. (have we spoken about this already? ) :confused:

Anyway.... our Butler on the Mercury was George...he was great!

We just returned from the Summit last month....also had a RS..... and our Butler was not so good. This may have had to do with the fact that when we disembarked the ship....he also was disembarking and returning to his country after 9 months @ sea. We were his last sailing...and we felt that in his service. He was ok....just nothing great.

Rogerdm...... Yes' date=' I have sailed on the Mercury in a RS. (have we spoken about this already? ) :confused:

Anyway.... our Butler on the Mercury was George...he was great!

We just returned from the Summit last month....also had a RS..... and our Butler was not so good. This may have had to do with the fact that when we disembarked the ship....he also was disembarking and returning to his country after 9 months @ sea. We were his last sailing...and we felt that in his service. He was ok....just nothing great.[/quote']

Thankyou for your kind reply. I am just curios in this thread as to the service of the butler, good or not so good.

The service from butlers depends upon the individual butler. I've had wonderful butlers and I've had terrible butlers.. and on the same ship!

There's no telling who will be working when you sail. Folks rotate on and off all the time.

Ashwin, our Butler on the Summit, was outstanding...almost to the point of overkill...There seemed to be very little we had to do for ourselves...even open our cabin door...He even kept track of the comings and goings of our kids (who were in the next suite)...Actually, come to think of it, the kids got more use out of the butler than we did...they had him bringing them breakfast...and DVDs...and more...

But, yeah, the guy was great...

The service from butlers depends upon the individual butler. I've had wonderful butlers and I've had terrible butlers.. and on the same ship!

There's no telling who will be working when you sail. Folks rotate on and off all the time.

Yikes!! So I am gonna be positive and pray for wonderful butlers. I would assume the RS would get wonderful butlers or they would be re-assigned!

We were on the Mercury in May in a Sky Suite on the Sky Deck on the port side. Our butler's name was Rasti and he was simply fantastic. Our cabin attendant was Virginia and her assistant was Marvin. The three of them proved to be a most hospitable team and made our cruise the most enjoyable of any.

Most butlers are very good but usually do more when requested. Its good to let your desires be known up front and modified everyday, if needed. Don't forget they usually have several suites to care for and the squeeky wheel gets the oil. Also, if the service is below par go to the Asst. Hotel Mgr. and explain it in a nice way. It will get corrected and you may get some extra bottles of wine.

Regards, Jack

Archived