Help - Pride Cruisers - Port - Pirate Ship Question

dyslexic pirate

I've booked the family for the morning sailing of the Marigalante Pirate ship in Puerto Vallarta.

My concern is that the ship docks at 8am. Pirate ship sails at 9am.

We want to know if the ship docks in PV (research led me to believe it did) we intend to be in line and off the ship asap and walk down the dock to the ship.

Now I'm concerned. When the ship docks at 8am - ships time - is it already 9am in PV?? Will we be docking and watching our $400 excursion sailing away?

When I set up reservation etc. I included info about ship/docking time etc and it's already been charged to my credit card. I just don't want to get a shrug and a "so sorry" in PV when I still have the option of a 100% cancellation at this point.

I would be ready to get off as soon as you're allowed off. I'm sure the Marigalante pirates have a lot of Carnival customers so I doubt they would leave without you as long as you go right over when the Pride lets you off. The Pride pulls in right next to the pirate ship so as long as you are ready to get off as soon as they start allowing you should be fine. It was so cool listening to the Marigalante sail off...we had a balcony and had the door open...I was getting dressed and started hearing pirate music...hubby thought I was crazy....but I ran to the balcony and sure enough...they were sailing by! We did the pirate evening cruise and had a BLAST!!! Would love to hear about your day cruise when you get back. Have fun!

p.s. follow the link in my signature to my Pride website if you want to see some pics of the Marigalante night time cruise....and the link for my MySpace to see how my pirate cruise inspired me...*LOL*

Thank you so much!

Wow! you are a mom of 6??!!!

I planned this particular excursion because I hoped it would appease my 4 kids (23-13) DH 49 going on 12.

I will share your pix with the family. They are fantastic!

We will be up and at it first thing and in line so we can scamper off as soon as they'll let us. Kids have been told if they aren't in line and ready to roll we'll get off without them and I'll tell the ships security to deny them departure and they'll be trapped on the Pride for the day.;)

On our very first cruise we sailed into PV and spotted a Pirate ship (not as nice as the Marigalante) and thought how fun it would be to try something like that. On our first cruise we were so clueless about what to do that we didn't even book any excursions...we didn't even know what that word meant! Ha! We know now!!!

yeah....6. 5 are mine, and my stepson. I have 3 teenagers in high school right now. Life is fun! *LOL*

Glad you enjoyed the pics. I'm curious to hear about the day pirate cruise so please come back and tell me about it! The evening one is more of a "booze cruise" but we had a lot of fun. The show is kind of cheesy but very entertaining. I would recommend that if any of your family is prone to motion sickness to take some ginger or whatever meds are preferred the night before and that morning. The ship does rock and roll! I found it fun! Hubby is usually prone to motion sickness but he took the ginger pills twice a day starting 2 days before our cruise and didn't have any problems the whole week.

So what are you doing in Mazatlan and Cabo? I want a redo at Cabo! We didn't book anything for there and wasted our time going to CaboWabo and poking around town. I want to go back and do something with the beach and water there this time! I had wanted to do a glass-bottom out to Los Arcos the Carnival scared me away from it. I wish now I had went ahead and did it!

I am so glad we discovered cruising! It's the only family vacation we do all year. We have other days off but stay home and get projects done so we can cruise at least once a year. (2x DH have gone just the two of us!)

We wasted our very first cruise to the Mexican Riviera. We didn't have a clue and the only excursion we did we booked through the ship and paid through the nose to go on a dophin discovery thing. (it was dirty and not a real good excursion)

The rest of the time all we did was walk and look at the shops and get on each other's nerves.

This time in PV - pirate ship, Mazatlan day at Stone Island with activities, Cabo some will Zodiac to the whales, others will ATV on the beach - then we'll meet up at Cabo Wabo for a drink and swap stories.

One thing I got to thinking about was the poverty that is so rampant in PV and Mazatlan. It really irritates me that those areas are getting so much money each year from cruisers (port fees/taxes/retail money spent etc) that they can't at least attempt to set up some kind of system to take care of the very old and the kids begging on the docks/streets.

Okay, there's my rant now I'm over it.

I will definitely check back and let you know how the pirate ship in the day goes. Loved your pictures of the night show with the fireworks.

I agree with you. We especially saw the poverty in Mazatlan.

Hey....I was just noticing all the different lines you've been on. After you get back from the Pride I'd like to hear your opinions of Carnival vs. the others. I've looked at other cruise lines but for the money it seems to be Carnival is the best value. I've been very happy with both my Carnival cruises but sometimes I think I should try another line just to compare....

Archived