Balcony connecting to Inside?

laginog

Some of the RCI ships do have connecting cabins, but not to inside cabins. We had a GS(Grand Suite) and a D1 balcony connecting on the Mariner. We had 6 people and it was wonderful. However RCI will not open the balcony dividers anymore.

At least not on the Mariner of the Seas.

Hi, Kathy,

Yes, Princess DOES have this arrangement. The Grand Class Ships have the Family Suites (2 of them). They are usually booked quite far out and very costly. They are Only cost-effective for a party of 8 pax. :eek:

You may, however, find better value by booking a Balcony Across the Hall from an Inside and noting (no upgrade) on the bookings to keep your cabins together. ;)

If you have Small Children, put each of them in a cabin with an adult, or just get a Quad. Hope you find what you need. :D

Hi Kathi -

On your next ship (Caribbean Princess), wander down the Dolphin deck to D105 or D106. These are the Family Suites that Princess Di mentioned. You are basically getting a mini-suite with an interconnecting inside cabin (D101 or D102), but unless you're going to fill the family suite to maximum capacity (8 passengers) it is more cost effective to use Princess Di's strategy (balcony and inside across from each other).

One nice bonus the family suites have is the extended balcony area though! I've got about ten pictures of the family suite on Caribbean Princess if you're interested in seeing them.

Cheers!

Jean

• 1 month later...

Having stayed in the family suite on the Star Princess last year on our Alaskan cruise I can tell you about it. The balcony was very large, and one of the best/worst features of it is that there is no wall or other obstruction at the front of the balcony. I say both best and worst because it made it very windy on the balcony while at sea since you are at the very front of the ship (being in Alaska meant that it was too cold for me to spend much time on the balcony when at sea) but on the other hand it was really great because you could stand inside the door and have a great view of the passing scenery. We had originally booked a minisuite and an inside across the hall (specified no upgrades so the kids wouldn't end up far away from us) and got a call 5 days before sailing asking us to upgrade to the family suite. It was great to have the cabins connecting so I could really know what the kids were up to but I wouldn't book the family suite since it is much more cost effective to book an inside with a balcony or minisuite across the hall.

We are booked in this combo...inside and adjoining next to Balcony on our Carnival Miracle cruise next May. There are only 2 like this on the whole ship...

It should work great with our kids next door in the inside and us in the balcony...

Archived