Accessibility Bamboo Beach Club - Jamaica

george2000

Has anyone been on the Excursion Bamboo Beach Club in Ocho Rios? I believe it is just a roped off beach area that you can walk to from the ship. I'm just wondering if it is possible to take DH who is in a wheelchair. Any feed back is appreciated.

We were there in December on the Star Princess. There is a concrete walkway all the way to the beach. A little "ragged" in sections, but we managed to navigate our lightweight stroller with our little guy in it with no problems. Once we got to the actual beach, there were no further walkways, just sand.

One word of caution. When we booked the excursion through Princess, we were told that the beach was just a short walk from the ship. However, we docked at a different pier and we ended up having to take a bus to the beach. For us it wasn't a big deal, although it was a bit of a surprise. Hopefully you can check with the cruiseline to ensure that you will in fact be docking at the correct pier.

I hope this is helpful- please let me know if you have any other questions! We really enjoyed this excursion. The beach is beautiful and the staff go out of their way to make your day an enjoyable one!

Archived