Beaches

pittypat

If you could spend the day at one beach in Barbados would it be Brighton/Brandon or Accura? How far are both of these beaches from the pier? Any other beach suggestions are welcome. Not interested in the Boatyard.

Thanks,

pittypat

I'm also interested in this answer. I'm getting married on the cruise while at port in Barbados so we have limited time for the beaches afterwards. Probably 1-2 hours maximum. Any input for these beaches would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Come on guys I know someone has to have an opinion on these beaches.

pittypat

Apparently Not! I have always heard that Barbados has amazing beaches, but after reading this thread, I am not comming across many posts on this topic. Maybe everyone does shore excursions.

:)

We visited Barbados in January, 2006 and are returning May, 2007. We chose Accra Beach as our destination. We were very happy for making that descision. Accra Beach is also known as Rockney Beach. The beach was beautiful. Nice white sand, clear smooth water, shower facilities were clean, a nice little bar/snack stand called Chicken George and Son's nearby. Chairs and umbrellas were available. We are avid snorkelers. There is a man-made rock reef located about 50 yards off shore. We swam out to it and snorkeled up and down the reef several times. Many beautiful fish to be seen. We would recommend Accra beach as a wonderful place to spend the day in Barbados.

Wayne and Cathi

Miramar Beach, Fl.

Just curious, what is wrong with the Boatyard? I saw their web site last night, and thought it looked real pretty. Please let me know if there is something I should know. Thank you!

:) Susie

I am not interested in the Boatyard either. It is not for everyone. I prefer a nice relaxing beach. I don't care for all the water toys, like the ice berg, trampolines, wave runners, etc.

There is nothing wrong with the Boatyard, it is just that some like a more quite, relaxed atmosphere. :)

Odd Ball,

Thanks so much. You said exactly what I would have said. Just don't care for all that much activity. Just want to relax, read and enjoy the beauty.

Nothing wrong with the boatyard in my opinion just not for me.

pittypat

Archived