transatlantic ny to southampton

cruzadict

My husband and myself are travelling on QM2 on 10 June, NY to Southampton. We have booked a guarantee B4 cabin but was wondering which side of the ship is preferable for this crossing. I know that I will not know my cabin number until approx. 4 weeks before sail date but have been told by Cunard that once cabin has been allocation it is no longer a guarantee basis and this can then be changed or upgraded, depending of course on availability. Never done TA before so any tips would be appreciated. What sort of sea conditions can we expect!!

Marilyn

NY to Sou, sun will be on the starboard side of the ship, so an odd number, if you want sun. While the weather should be fine, expect something between storms and sunshine!

Peter

:cool: :cool:

That's what I call a can't miss forecast.

We booked starboard on the NY-to-UK last June and it was perfect. If there IS weather, it doesn't make too much difference with the in-hull balconies. If you stick your head out the big balcony hole, you'll get wet. If you stay just inside the enclosure, you'll stay dry, mostly.

I kind of doubt there's too much difference in deck, either, for the in-hull balconies, other than how far you are from Deck 7, where the open deck and food are. :)

As far as weather, I'd suggest you pack for late spring and bring one of those flimsy rain parkas. We did, and never used them. But they would have done the job.

We'll be on that June 10th crossing with you. Maybe we can all meet.

Have fun!

I too will be on this crossing. Starboard side will give you a view of the Statue of Liberty from your cabin. I'm on deck 4.

There's no telling what weather will be like. Good one day, rolling the next. But you're aboard such a marvelous ship that you'll be too busy to notice.

Linda

Archived