Dawn obstructed, please look

sweetdardar

We have booked room 8068 on the Dawn for Oct. 28th and it appears that the lifeboats are smaller and we maybe will not be fully obstructed. Could someone who has been in one of the six rooms (8068/8062/8066/8562/8566/8568) please let me know and also, is there a walkway right outside the window. Please only replys from those that have actually stayed in one of these rooms OR if you are planning on going on the Dawn, would someone PLEASE check this our for me, thanks

Outstanding choice. I reserved the Dawn 8066 for a cruise later this year. I was told by NCL the location is perfect mid ship, obstruction is NIL. She said grab it fast as it usualy goes fast! On deck 8 in the non obstructed views the price was like $200 more per person. BON VOYAGE !

• 5 months later...

Hello,

We are booked in Cat G #8586, I know that there are lifeboats outside of this window but if the deck layouts to scale I think this room should have less obstruction than other cabins in cat G. Anyone ever in #8586 or similar room? Please let me know, just in case the upsell folks call me. We may want to upgrade. Thanks

We were in 8062. It had minimal obstruction from the small lifeboat (a small Zodiac style boat). I assume 8066- right next to it- would also only have a small obstruction. Further down (towards the front of the ship), the cabins have more obstruction due to the larger sized lifeboats.

There was also a walkway for the crew to use to get to the lifeboats. This walkway is right outside your window. However, the crew members will NOT look in your window (even when your DD bangs on the window to get their attention LOL); however, seeing someone walk by can be disconcerting! For the first few days of our cruise, there was apparently a problem with that Zodiac- several crew members came back and forth- plus an officer eventually came to supervise (he did not look happy, so maybe someone complained or the crew wasn't fixing it quickly enough). However, for the rest of the cruise, I don't remember seeing anyone out there at all.

8062 was a great cabin- very conveniently located. Like all Dawn upper-deck cabins, it did squeak a little (noticed at night), and we did occasionally hear the karaoke. But the Purser's desk will give you disposable foam earplugs if that slight noise bothers you.

Archived