Carrying on your luggage / beer / alcohol

OCDACTIVE

ABSOLUTELY GREAT post above. I was the one who started this thread and it was to get back to those basics.

Cheers Mate...!

One thing is for certian, I have heard a lot of great ideas on here and also given some thought as to the extent of what I would like to carry on board.

So far I think the rolling cooler and the idea of a hair dryer to open a 30 pk of coke refilling with beer, then glue gunning it shut tops the cake for best ideas.

Keep em' coming.

One thing is for certian, I have heard a lot of great ideas on here and also given some thought as to the extent of what I would like to carry on board.

I have a friend who keeps his Cessna at the Opa Locka Airport near Miami. I'm sure I could talk him into a "Suds Grouper" drop. :D

I have a friend who keeps his Cessna at the Opa Locka Airport near Miami. I'm sure I could talk him into a "Suds Grouper" drop. :D

Paul you're kidding right? :) If you Know you shouldn't bring alcohol on board and you do, isn't that like knowing you don't get concierge and yet still asking for it? HMMMM?????:D :D :D

For the other dude above who said that cheating the system isn't immoral or unethical, all I can say is, the case is not only still open, but you may want to do a bit of homework. Yes, the almighty dollar is the key! I agree! But if you come to my place of business and I want to charge and arm and a leg for something, all you get to say is, "Yes, I sign on for this or, No I don't." You do not get to say, (in private ventures) "I think you charge too much, therefore I'm allowed to cheat." I also will reply to something I care to reply to.

I personally think it sucks that the cruise lines don't treat us as adults, and don't allow us to purchase alcohol for our use in our cabins. But in this sue happy world, I understand why.

Paul: We will be in Labadee the 3rd week of June.

Can you please schedule a drop for us (somewhere near the beach).

We would like One case of Corona, and 1 gallon of Canadian Club, and something fruity for the Ladies.

Please advise where to send the cheque.. :D

Paul you're kidding right? If you Know you shouldn't bring alcohol on board and you do, isn't that like knowing you don't get concierge and yet still asking for it? HMMMM?????

Ouch!!! Ok RSS, you got me. :D :D I'm watching you! ;)

Paul: We will be in Labadee the 3rd week of June.

Can you please schedule a drop for us (somewhere near the beach).

We would like One case of Corona, and 1 gallon of Canadian Club, and something fruity for the Ladies.

Please advise where to send the cheque.

LOL! Don't tempt me. I'm already kicking around this new business idea.:D

Ouch!!! Ok RSS, you got me. :D :D I'm watching you! ;)

LOL. Ok Paul, I say this with all due respect to you and your beautiful wife, (saw your pics) Your're, (as Rosie would say) a Cutie Patutie! Gotta luv ya.:D Debates are all taken in stride, and my hubby and I would love to meet you all on a cruise sometime!:p

LOL. Ok Paul, I say this with all due respect to you and your beautiful wife, (saw your pics) Your're, (as Rosie would say) a Cutie Patutie! Gotta luv ya.:D Debates are all taken in stride, and my hubby and I would love to meet you all on a cruise sometime!:p

Now, you've got me blushing.:o Hey, when we meet, the first cocktail in the CL is on me! ;)

Now, you've got me blushing.:o Hey, when we meet, the first cocktail in the CL is on me! ;)

Ha Ha!:D Ok then we have the next one! LOL. I'm pretty sure the CL is fine for a minute or two, but we'll all have to go to where the fun is, to have some fun. :)

Paul you're kidding right? :) If you Know you shouldn't bring alcohol on board and you do, isn't that like knowing you don't get concierge and yet still asking for it? HMMMM?????:D :D :D

For the other dude above who said that cheating the system isn't immoral or unethical, all I can say is, the case is not only still open, but you may want to do a bit of homework. Yes, the almighty dollar is the key! I agree! But if you come to my place of business and I want to charge and arm and a leg for something, all you get to say is, "Yes, I sign on for this or, No I don't." You do not get to say, (in private ventures) "I think you charge too much, therefore I'm allowed to cheat." I also will reply to something I care to reply to.

I personally think it sucks that the cruise lines don't treat us as adults, and don't allow us to purchase alcohol for our use in our cabins. But in this sue happy world, I understand why.

Hey RSS... good debate!.. I may not 100% agree with your analogy, I do respect your comments on this matter. Like you said in another post debates are taken in stride.... I may be a smuggler, I don't argue that, but if I want to bring a some aboard that doesn't bother others, then I will not hesitate.. If I get caught..... well I took the risk and understand if I lose it... however when my bar tab is $1000 plus... a few dollars savings doesn't make me lose sleep at night.

Cheers!

Hey RSS... good debate!.. I may not 100% agree with your analogy, I do respect your comments on this matter. Like you said in another post debates are taken in stride.... I may be a smuggler, I don't argue that, but if I want to bring a some aboard that doesn't bother others, then I will not hesitate.. If I get caught..... well I took the risk and understand if I lose it... however when my bar tab is $1000 plus... a few dollars savings doesn't make me lose sleep at night.

Cheers!

:D :D :D Cheers to you as well! What's that saying...We can agree to dissagree, it's all good.

On my last VOS cruise, I placed 6 cases of beer in a huge marlboro duffle bag, slapped my luggage ticket on it, handed to porter and it was in my room by noonish. I asked my cabin steward, if it would not be to much trouble, to bring me some ice fomr time to time. I had the heavy duty garbage bags as well. He must of kept 50 lbs of ice, daily, on my beer and would even refill the bag with beer from under my bed. Service was top notch.....I will be trying this again, I am thinking of tapping a 10 dollar bill to each case of beer....

On my last VOS cruise, I placed 6 cases of beer in a huge marlboro duffle bag, slapped my luggage ticket on it, handed to porter and it was in my room by noonish. I asked my cabin steward, if it would not be to much trouble, to bring me some ice fomr time to time. I had the heavy duty garbage bags as well. He must of kept 50 lbs of ice, daily, on my beer and would even refill the bag with beer from under my bed. Service was top notch.....I will be trying this again, I am thinking of tapping a 10 dollar bill to each case of beer....

R U Serious????? 6 cases? that could be an all time record from what I have heard.... very very surprised they didn't confiscate it... How long ago was this??

That is insane! Did you drink all that? Was the duffle bag water proof?

did you mean cases or 12 packs? i can't imagin a duffle bag big enough for all of that.

1 case would do me fine :p

That is insane! Did you drink all that? Was the duffle bag water proof?

did you mean cases or 12 packs? i can't imagin a duffle bag big enough for all of that.

1 case would do me fine :p

Even if it was 12 packs.. that has got to be one hell of a heavy duty bag!!! CHEERS!:D

R U Serious????? 6 cases? that could be an all time record from what I have heard.... very very surprised they didn't confiscate it... How long ago was this??

Think this was May '05, leaving Miami, back to NJ-repo cruise. Like I said, I put the cases in a huge marlboro duffle bag, slapped my luggage tag on it, handed it to the porter and it was in my room by 1ish. Yes, me and wife drank it all and there were some other grubbing off me

Archived