Key West dive shop

I have used them a couple of times. Typical Florida service. Your on your own!!! They will give you a briefing of the dive site and then say be back on the boat in say 40 minutes. The rest is up to you! If you have you own equipment and only need tanks...they are good value. ($50.00 for 2 tanks) Also they are a 10 minute walk from the pier...with good departure times...(9:30am) I just used them a couple of weeks ago. Just don't expect anything exceptional.

I'll bet that you could arrange for a guide if you notified the shop in advance.

Not putting a DM in the water is typical of almost ALL boat diving anywhere on the West Coast. In California, the boat is usually chartered by a dive shop who is expected to supply their own DM. Up here in the Pacific Northwest, divers are expected to be pretty self reliant, so the charter boat is only transportation. They take you there, brief you on the site and take you back. You supply all your own gear, including tanks and weights.

Sorry, that's more than you asked. But most (not all) dive operations in the US don't supply underwater guides.

<font color="FF6600">
if there's a way to construe my post as non-argumentative, please do so.</font>
Cruise photos on my [url="http://www.brobertson.org/"]Home page [/url]<font color="990066">
Spring Break was on the Grand Princess </font>21, March 2004
So when is the next cruise?

Thanks for the info. I may or may not need a guide. My wife is in Scuba class right now and I am not sure if she will be able to do her check out dives or not before we go. If not, I may request an instructor and try to get her check out dives done in Fla and Nassau while on the cruise. I actually though am more concerned about having someone in the water with the kids while they are snorkeling. I will call them and see what we can hammer out. Thanks for the info.

NCL Sea 3/03
RCCL Sovereign 10/03
NCL Dream 3/7/2004
CCL Jubilee 7/24/2004

• 4 months later...
Did you end up using Captain's Corner? How was it? We will be there in about 10 days and trying to decide between them and Dive Key West.

Anyone like one over the other? Saw several people liked Dive Key West. They are $75 pp, so 50% more per person.

Archived