Prinsedam's Single Cabins Q100&101-Satisfied?

FinelyRetired

I am interested in the replies as well - I have Q100 booked this July for the Top of the World cruise. I can let you know when I get back, but would love to hear any input prior to that. I'm not so worried about the size as I am about the outside deck traffic.

Thanks,

Pat

Pat:

I "jumped" on this cabin.....as it was one of only 2 singles w. oceanview. And, would love more info as well.

I don't see a problem w."extra" foot traffic.........it looks to me that it's the lower promenade that offers a complete walking circle and a trip up to us on upper promenade via the stairs is not too likely? I'm thinking that space will be seldom used? I just don't know for sure.

What I'm also assuming is that Q100&101 can walk right out on that deck....tho the schematic shows no exterior doors to that part of deck next to our cabins? I'll probably call HAL to find that out.

I think I'll post this same question on the "Cabin Selection" thread tomorrow if there are no responses here on "Solo." Marty

Hi Marty,

I jumped on that cabin as well - rarely do I see a single cabin on these lines. I did have a single cabin on a Russian river cruise this Fall on Viking - it was really pretty funny - could barely turn around. My friend had a single across the hall and we just had to laugh out loud when we saw them - great trip - who needs all that space anyway!!

I agree about that forward deck space. There isn't general access due to the balconies. I had a cabin in a similar space (without the promenade area outside the window)on the old Royal Princess. The deck area almost never had a soul on it. It was sort of my own private huge balcony.

I'll watch the other site for a posting - good idea. Someone out there must have been in one of these. If we don't hear, I'll be certain when to post when I get back in August.

Pat

Pat:

I called HAL today, but no one was really familiar with Q100 & 101 and their odd shape. Yes, they "believed" they were single beds....but not sure of where the beds were situated and the room layout. Yes, they "believed" there was a door at end of the hall going out to the fore deck shown on deck plan.

They promised that someone from Ship Services will call me regarding room/deck particulars.

Should I get more particulars, I'll post back.

Martha

Thanks, Martha.

I checked both sites yesterday and again this morning so appreciate the "bump" to get the posting on. I'm not certain how to navigate these boards either.

I'm not going to hold my breath to hear back from HAL - the people in the office may not have the slightest clue. I wonder if posting on the Prinsendam roll call or the HAL board directly would have a better chance of hearing an opinion. The HAL people seem to be very loyal and they love this ship.

I have to admit I've never started a thread - not sure how to do that. Could you try a posting on either of those? If that doesn't work, I promise to post when I get back. I sail 7/24 and will be back 8/11.

Thanks, Pat

Pat:

I restated the question in more general terms on the HAL thread and perhaps we'll get some info there. Good idea.

Looked a bit through the Prinsendam Roll Calls and didn't see any reference, but I am reluctant to "step on" their conversations.

Thanks for the idea, Martha

Archived