Aruba Sunset Cruises?

tip

We have only one day in Aruba on February 28th and would like to book an independent sunset cruise. I have noticed DePalm Tours has a Palm Pleasure Sunset Sail and Red Sail Sports has a sunset cruise as well. Has anyone taken either of these? Would we encouter problems since we are on a cruise ship? We don't leave until 11 p.m. so a 90-120 minute sail that starts at 5:30 p.m. should not pose a problem.

We were in Aruba a few weeks ago (the January 8 sailing of the Constellation) and we booked an "Afternoon and sunset sail and snorkel" with www.funaruba.com. We throughly enjoyed it and were back at the dock by about 7:00 p.m. The Dream On goes to Coral Quay (where there was not a single other boat) and I experienced some of the best drift snorkeling I have ever done. Our guide/captain Mike was en excellent guide who pointed out a couple of barracudas about 10 feet away that I would have missed. There seemed to be large schools of fish everywhere. The Dream On takes, I think, 6 passengers and so the sail back to the ship at sunset was more quiet than if it was a large party boat - so it depends what you are looking for, but I would not hesitate to book this excursion again.

Archived