ncl b2b vs rcl b2b

afkpar

We are looking at back to back cruises for next January. Either RCCL's Radiance or NCL's Jewel. We would love some input from cruiser's who've sailed both. Price wise for the cabin catagory we usually go with it's a $2 difference.

So any input would be appreciated.

Paula

I've sailed both but I'm afraid I won't be much help!

The Radiance is our favorite ship (the main dining room is especially beautiful - imo) but we are hugh fans of freestyle and really like the Jewel as well. In the case of price being the same, I'd probably go by whichever itinerary I wanted most. If the itineraries are about the same, I'd probably go with Freestyle.

-Monte

:)

Your post was so much more positive than the one I got on thr RCCL board.

Please tell me what you like about the freestyle. Is there self service laundry on board?

We have been treated very well by RCCL but, we like the itinerary for the Jewel.

Paula

Comparing freestyle (Dawn) vs. Traditional (X: Century) is no comparison.

I like to eat whenever I please and with whomever I want thank you. One thing I cannot stand is the rush to get ready for dinner and the rush to get you away from the table. I have no problem dressing up but I like to be able to take my time and not having my eyes glued on my wristwatch. Those bulkheads hurt when the ole head hits them. (and everyone below is laughing like hyenas when they hear colorful metaphors reminiscent of veteran sailors.)

Never have this problem with freestyle. :D

Late for dinner? Guilty as charged but so be it. Freestyle is the future.

More time away from work & home! Plus the itineraries are not the same. One is western carribean and the other eastern.

It's fun on the last nightof the first half to be able to say. "we don't have to pack" !

this may need a new topic but what is the advantage of b2b cruises other than saves on airfare? or can do different things in each port?

I like the longer cruises. If NCL had a 100 day cruise it would be on the radar. Technology is only getting better to keep us connected.

If I could clone myself so the clone stays at the office and does the work, I'd be set! :D

So to answer your question, yes B2B is the answer when you want a longer cruise. I've done it and the last night of the first cruise is excellent as everyone else is packing and you're partying. :eek: I guess after the third in a row it would be like ground hog day but hey that wouldn't be so bad. At least the weather would change.

this may need a new topic but what is the advantage of b2b cruises other than saves on airfare? or can do different things in each port?

We booked Pearl b2b in October-southern/western. B2B fare is much less than total of 9 day plus 5 day and gets per day price to an attractive level

Archived