Priceline doesn't like my downtown Miami bids!

hi-c

I've been following the boards about booking downtown Miami hotels for pre-cruise booking on Nov. 6th. They have turned down all my offers so far. Have I waited to long or is it too early? I've been submitting the same bids that other folks have been successful with for a 3 *** booking. Any advice? Is there any

2 & 1/2 star hotels in the downtown area worth bidding on? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!! Hi-C

Rates are very date specific. A convention in town or other even that creates unusually high demand will cause rates to go higher than usual as well as leave less inventory for Priceline (since they're typically used by hotels to sell excess inventory that would otherwise go unsold).

With that said, rates for your date don't look too high so i'd guess it's just an access to inventory problem and you'll be successful as your date draws near (assuming of course you're bididng high enough.. you didn't provide the amount of your bids).

Book yourself a hotel now that is 100% cancellable and continue to try Priceline every 1-2 weeks or so.

Good Luck!

Thanks Thereuare,

We finally got the Hyatt Downtown through priceline for $41.00 plus tax.They had turned me down @ 4O.OO SO I guess they have a set bottom bid. We feel fortunate since the Dolphins have a home game that weekend. I was getting worried we wouldn't get anything affordable. I am pleased that we were able to book the Hyatt. I've read some positive reviews on the boards. Thanks again for your input...... Happy Sails To You...Hi-c

Archived