Dream cruisers... hotel in Houston?

BeachBumMama

Wondering about a hotel in Houston for Dream cruise. I know the Hobby airport is closer to the port, however, I've read that there is very little there so I'm thinking the extra distance of staying downtown with other things to do would be better. We're looking to get in late on eve before, and staying an extra day on return from cruise.

I've been doing some research and found Kemah Boardwalk area which seems like it would be nice to stay around there for some extra time. Anyone have any suggestions?

Check the hotels/motels in the Clear Lake area of Houston. We are +/-20 minutes from the terminal in LaPorte and +/-30 minutes from Hobby Airport. This is the area of the Kemah Boardwalk and the Johnson Space Center and there is a lot to do near-by. Almost every chain hotel/motel has a location in this area. Check out http://www.clearlakearea.com/

Since we're flying into Hobby - I decided to get close to the airport.

Got a great deal on priceline for the Holiday Inn. Tried getting something around Clear Lake, but couldn't get it for the same price and the hotel was half star higher rating. I am hoping to drive out Clear Lake on Saturday.

Michelle

Archived