Snorkeling in Belize

WorkHardPlayHard

My husband and I are travelling on CC Miracle 2/4/07 we heard the snorkeling in Belize is awesome. We don't want to book through carnival. Any suggestions on snorkeling and we we sign up. Thanks...:D

We used Coral Breeze for our snorkeling excursion in Belize and couldn't have been happier. The day of our excursion, the weather was cloudy and the water was choppy. All Carnival snorkeling excursions were cancelled. We continued into Belize to check and see whether or not our excursion was still on and it was. We were told that Carnival often cancels, so we were very happy that we had booked it on our own. Very professional and knowledgable. We chose the package that included lunch on Caye Cauker.

Just a great day!!

Here is their website:

http://www.coralbreezelimited.com

I also have photos from that excursion that I'll be glad to forward to you.

My husband and I are travelling on CC Miracle 2/4/07 we heard the snorkeling in Belize is awesome. We don't want to book through carnival. Any suggestions on snorkeling and we we sign up. Thanks...:D

My DW and I were there in Nov. and went with Coral Breeze. They provided the tour that they said that they would, we had a great time and some wonderful memories. Click on the smugmug link below for a sample of some pictures that we took there. It was fun, we felt safe and it was exciting all at the same time. Have fun, we did.

Randy

My DW and I were there in Nov. and went with Coral Breeze. They provided the tour that they said that they would, we had a great time and some wonderful memories. Click on the smugmug link below for a sample of some pictures that we took there. It was fun, we felt safe and it was exciting all at the same time. Have fun, we did.

Randy

Randy, based on my review of your link previously you obviously have extensive photog experience. I presume you have your own underwater camera. other than borrowing from my bro-in-law (with the liability risk potential), do you have any opinion re the disposable underwater cameras?

Randy

Randy, from my previous review of smugmug you obviously have extensive photog experience. I presume you have your own underwater camera. other than borrowing from my bro-in-law (the the liability risk involved) do you have an opinion re the disposable underwater cameras?

heading off on the Legend Western C cruise in 40 days !!!

Randy, from my previous review of smugmug you obviously have extensive photog experience. I presume you have your own underwater camera. other than borrowing from my bro-in-law (the the liability risk involved) do you have an opinion re the disposable underwater cameras?

I'm not "Randy", but we have taken both disposable underwater cameras and a digital with underwater housing. If it is sunny, the disposable will take decent pics at a short distance and I recommend putting them on CD when you get them developed if you like to play around with your pictures. We just got a new housing and camera for our first cruise because we intend to do a lot more snorkeling. This one is a Fuji Aquamask housing and Fuji A500 (5mp) which I hope will take some great pics. It is relatively inexpensive as far as underwater housings go (I found it for $79 online) and of course you can use the camera in or out of the housing. It's a way to get those underwater digitals without a huge expense. The housing for my Canon would have run $700, so I opted to start from scratch for the system. Happy snapping!

We have used the disposable cameras and have taken some good pictures. I personally prefer the Fuji cameras. They are easier to operate and have a larger lever to push. We plan on getting a cheap digital and housing this year. I have a Kodak Easyshare, but I can't put a good camera under water. Sorry, I just can't.

I've seen great reviews on Coral Breeze, but the only snorkel tour that we have taken in Belize was the Fabtours trip to Bannister Island. We enjoyed it. I've seen other reviews that were not that positive. Then again, some people would gripe if you shot them with a new gun.;)

We have used the disposable cameras and have taken some good pictures. I personally prefer the Fuji cameras. They are easier to operate and have a larger lever to push. We plan on getting a cheap digital and housing this year. I have a Kodak Easyshare, but I can't put a good camera under water. Sorry, I just can't.

I've seen great reviews on Coral Breeze, but the only snorkel tour that we have taken in Belize was the Fabtours trip to Bannister Island. We enjoyed it. I've seen other reviews that were not that positive. Then again, some people would gripe if you shot them with a new gun.;)

Clackey, tried fabtours.com and got nothing. do yor have a site?

Clacky,

I'm going to be in Belize the first part of March and I was looking at Bannister Island. How was the snorkeling there, I'm going to have my daughter and her boyfriend and I was wondering what if anything they would be able to see. Were you able to snorkle from the beach or did they offer some boat trip from the island? Any information you can give me about Bannister Island would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Jim

Hola amigos,

Manhattenup, you are in luck. I found their business card in my wallet. That couldn't happen again on a bet. www.fabtoursbelize.com. You could book at the tender dock without a problem.

Luckydogone, we took the boat trip out to the reef. Nice clear water with depths from 5-25 ft. Lots of coral and small fish. The water at the island is shallow and sandy so there is not that much to see. You need rocks or coral to see the good stuff.

Actually, you give me far more credit than I deserve. My DW takes most of the digital pictures while I use the cam corder the most. We bought a disposable underwater camera for this trip and this was the very first time that I had ever used one of those. I learned that they do not do so well at a distance, especially under water, but I really wanted more of the "up close and personal" shots anyway. I was very pleased at how my first attempt at underwater photography came out. If you can get a light colored background your "subject" might stand out better in your picture. Just remember, the closer that you can get to the subject, the better the picture will probably turn out. If the "subject" has a lot of teeth, you might want to prioritize that.:eek: :D

Randy

Archived