Where to stay one night in Anchorage before cruise?

suzettess

We are flying into Anchorage, staying overnight and catching the Carnival bus the next morning down to Whittier. I understand that the bus leaves from the Egan Center. Any suggestions on a place to stay? My TA suggested the Captain Cook but it's just to pricey for one very short night. This will be in June.

Suz

Earlier this year there was a great deal on hotwire. I got the Extended Stay Deluxe in downtown Anchorage for $50 one night and $37 another night. I don't think that hotel is still so cheap but you can check hotwire. If you are not familar with hotwire, you only know the exact name of the hotel once you pay for it. But you know the quality level of the hotel and the amenities and if you go to www.betterbidding.com they will give you some tips in identifying the hotel.

The Ramada Inn Muldoon Road is usually pretty reasonable but they are not downtown.

You might be able to buy Priority Club points through their website then book the Holiday Inn. I think you need 10,000 points for a night at the HI in Anchorage and you can buy 10,000 points for $100. I did that for Seward and it instantly made my hotel less than half price.

Good luck. Post back what you ended up doing.

John

We are flying into Anchorage, staying overnight and catching the Carnival bus the next morning down to Whittier. I understand that the bus leaves from the Egan Center. Any suggestions on a place to stay? My TA suggested the Captain Cook but it's just to pricey for one very short night. This will be in June.

Suz

From

$134

per night

Select

Photos

Red Roof Inn Anchorage 12px_2_fff.gif

1104 E 5th Avenue, Anchorage, AK Map

1 Miles East of 555 W 5th Ave

Hotel details

• <LI class="amenity unavailable">Pool <LI class=amenity>Pets allowed <LI class="amenity unavailable">Room service <LI class="amenity unavailable">Restaurant
  • Fitness room

More amenities

• <LI class=userScore>User score <LI class=scoreNumber>4.0 out of 5
  • 23 reviews

From

$135

per night

Select lowPriceGuarantee.gif

From

$149

per night

Select lowPriceGuarantee.gif

Photos

Super 8 Motel - Anchorage 12px_2_fff.gif

3501 Minnesota Dr, Anchorage, AK Map

2.1 Miles South of 555 W 5th Ave

Hotel details

• <LI class="amenity unavailable">Pool <LI class=amenity>Pets allowed <LI class="amenity unavailable">Room service <LI class=amenity>Restaurant
  • Fitness room

More amenities

From

$156

per night

Select

Photos

Courtyard by Marriott Anchorage 12px_2_fff.gif

4901 Spenard Road, Anchorage, AK Map

3.5 Miles Southwest of 555 W 5th Ave

Hotel details

• <LI class=amenity>Pool <LI class="amenity unavailable">Pets allowed <LI class=amenity>Room service <LI class=amenity>Restaurant
  • Fitness room

More amenities

• <LI class=userScore>User score <LI class=scoreNumber>4.8 out of 5
  • 8 reviews

fti....We got the Extended Stay-Downtown for about the same price you did.....NICE....Booked several months ago...We will be going in June...Sure hope it's not a dump...Susan

We'll be staying there in August (got it for $37 too). You'll have to let the rest of us know what to expect;) Does anyone happen to know the # of beds in the room at the cheapie price? We have friends that decided to join us......trying to find a place for them to stay.

Archived