Xcaret -- Is it worth it for adults

ElvisC

Is Xcaret a park primarily for kids? It is often described as the Mexican Disneyland.

How is the snorkeling there?

I know the dolphin swim is pricey and in addition to the park admission, but is it worth it?

Xcaret is defintiely worth it for adults - I think it's better for adults (but I'm biased - I have no kids!)

Although I understand the Disney comparsion, I think it's inaccurate. In xcaret, nothing is really staged or plastic- it's all (breathtakingly beautiful) natural wildlife on display. In many cases, you walk through natural habitats of all types of wonderful animals and get great views of them.

The underground snorkeling rivers are very fun and fine for all levels of swimmers (you wear life jackets). It's very cool and refreshing; relaxing.

There are ruins galore, a beautifl butterfly farm area, and an orchid farm (heaven!)

There's an entire beach section of the park that has a snorkeling inlet, scuba area, dolphins (which I will address further along), a woodsy areas to just set up camp and relax in chairs, or hammocks, under palapas, or in the sun, near the beach.

My husband and I visited there and we wish we had more than one day - there is so much to see and it is fun and beautiful.

About the dolphins - I'm sure it's a great experience, but it would take up a good part of your day, I'm sure. There are so many things to doa nd see there (let alone the urge to just park it and relax on the incredible beach), I don't think you should pay extra to do it. Just my opinion.

Have fun!

Xcaret is defintiely worth it for adults - I think it's better for adults (but I'm biased - I have no kids!)

Although I understand the Disney comparsion, I think it's inaccurate. In xcaret, nothing is really staged or plastic- it's all (breathtakingly beautiful) natural wildlife on display. In many cases, you walk through natural habitats of all types of wonderful animals and get great views of them.

The underground snorkeling rivers are very fun and fine for all levels of swimmers (you wear life jackets). It's very cool and refreshing; relaxing.

There are ruins galore, a beautifl butterfly farm area, and an orchid farm (heaven!)

There's an entire beach section of the park that has a snorkeling inlet, scuba area, dolphins (which I will address further along), a woodsy areas to just set up camp and relax in chairs, or hammocks, under palapas, or in the sun, near the beach.

My husband and I visited there and we wish we had more than one day - there is so much to see and it is fun and beautiful.

About the dolphins - I'm sure it's a great experience, but it would take up a good part of your day, I'm sure. There are so many things to doa nd see there (let alone the urge to just park it and relax on the incredible beach), I don't think you should pay extra to do it. Just my opinion.

Have fun!

Ditto on this, did it in Dec 2002, it was very nice! :D

Archived