Questions for anyone who has rented a dinghy at St. John's

sppunk

My wife and I are nearly convinced we want to rent a dinghy from either Noah's Little Ark's or the Dive St. John at Cruz Bay, and we have a few simple questions.

We are mostly afraid of, well, getting lost. :) I know this sounds silly, but is it very easy to keep yourself navigated correctly for first-timers? The maps they provide I'm sure are very good, but were there any issues still? It'd suck (well, OK, maybe not!) to get lost on a deserted beach!

Also, how long of a ride is it from Cruz Bay to Cinnamon Beach? For mobility reasons (back issues), we'll be taking the dinghy to areas where we can have a beach landing to save from any issues having to get back into the dinghy "wet."

And lastly, they tend to do rentals by the full or half day - but as cruise ship passengers our times would be a bit different, say from 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Is this possible?

I appreciate any help!

Chris

• 11 months later...
My wife and I are nearly convinced we want to rent a dinghy from either Noah's Little Ark's or the Dive St. John at Cruz Bay, and we have a few simple questions.

We are mostly afraid of, well, getting lost. :) I know this sounds silly, but is it very easy to keep yourself navigated correctly for first-timers? The maps they provide I'm sure are very good, but were there any issues still? It'd suck (well, OK, maybe not!) to get lost on a deserted beach!

Also, how long of a ride is it from Cruz Bay to Cinnamon Beach? For mobility reasons (back issues), we'll be taking the dinghy to areas where we can have a beach landing to save from any issues having to get back into the dinghy "wet."

And lastly, they tend to do rentals by the full or half day - but as cruise ship passengers our times would be a bit different, say from 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Is this possible?

I appreciate any help!

Chris

Hi sppunk,

My boyfriend and I are planning on renting a dinghy from Noah's Little Arks while we are on our cruise vacation (almost a week away)! I see that you previously had the same question that we do now: Is it possible to have different times because we are cruise ship passengers (such as 9-1 or 10-2). Please let me know if you ended up doing this during your stay at St. John, and if the half day times were flexible.

Thank you in advance!!

You follow the island's coast so unless you head away from the island you shouldn't get lost. Contact Noah's and ask about the 1/2 day starting when you get there since you are coming from the cruise ship/STT. Also talk to them about your back issues to see what they have to say, not only with getting in and out but with the possiable bumpiness of the ride depending on the waves. The telephone number for Noahs is 340-693-9030.

--Islander

Archived