Princess Cays

bacm

• 3 weeks later...

HI . . . we have been to Princess Cays five or six times and it is one of our most favorite beach days EVER. We were there last February and I believe the beach "cabanas" were pretty new. They are very nice - enough room for four lounge chairs but sit directly on the sand. We rented only one for two couples and were glad we had it because it was sunny and hot when we arrived and then started raining after lunch. I don't remember them being that expensive though - perhaps they have something else new? I promise you will have a great time here !!!!!

Anyway, you will LOVE Princess Cays and you will have a wonderful time on the Caribbean Princess (we have sailed her 3 times and it has always been awesome). We love the MUDS (movies under the stars) and the size of the ship makes it seem like you are the only ones around. Please make sure that you go to Sabatinis for dinner. It is an unforgetable experience - the food and the service and the waiters singing to you - AWESOME -

Grand Caymans is also a wonderful port if there aren't too many ships in. If you want a nice, quiet, restful beach/pool day, you might be able to get a "day room rate" at the Westin on 7-mile beach. We have done this the last two trips and really, really had a special time. They charge 1/2 of a regular room rate and you have the room from 9:00 am - 4:00PM - that way you have a place to leave your things, a shower and a room safe, you can use their private beach (right on 7 mile beach), rent wave runners or para-sail or I always get an air matress and just float, two pools w/a swim up bar and several restaurants and shops. GREAT TIME. You can look them up online and get an 800 number to call - they don't always have rooms available but hopefully you can talk them out of one !!

Have fun - we will hopefully be back there soon.

Thanks so much for your reply. It seems not too many people post on these port boards. I was able to get more info over on the regular Princess board. It seems there are small structures called "bungalows" that you can reserve at a cost of $199. There are some threads over there that had pictures and reviews of them.

I have been to Princess Cays only once about a year ago and reserved the "Cabana" for $15 (it's $24 now - my, how prices go up!)

Anyway, as it turns out the "bugalows" were all reserved weeks ago and you can only go on "waitlist" now. I didn't realize that Princess now lets you book excursion out 120 days before.

Thanks for the great words about the Caribbean Princess. I had only heard good things, but I must admit that the boards have been kind of negative lately. I am one of those who always has a great time, not too much bothers me. But I have to admit when they start talking about a "sewer smell" it kind of freaks me out!:eek:

Thanks again for your reply & have a great day!:)

• 2 weeks later...

Are you able to rent jet skis there? Can anyone provide me with this info. Also can anyone tell me about the SEA BOARD.. the one hour boat ride in the glass bottom boat for $5. Is it something that I shoud consider? I have never been to Princess Cays.. so any info is very helpful.

• 2 weeks later...

Had the Pleasure Feb 4th and had 6 people in it.

What a blast and service was amazing...

All parties agreed to do it next time as well.:)

Get on the waitlist as I think only 6 of them:confused:

• 2 weeks later...
Are you able to rent jet skis there? Can anyone provide me with this info. Also can anyone tell me about the SEA BOARD.. the one hour boat ride in the glass bottom boat for $5. Is it something that I shoud consider? I have never been to Princess Cays.. so any info is very helpful.

I am wondering about the Sea Boards also. they rent for 1 hour, and I was wondering if I am supposed to rent 4 of them for my party or just 1? I called Princess and the girl was not really sure exactly what the sea boards are . I am thinking they are some type of clear float, I dunno. :confused:

Archived