Just received docs, I have a few questions

darladelight

Hello, I just got my docs the other day for my cruise in Feb. We booked an inside guarentee, the room we recieved on the docs is M257, which is an oceanview (Yeah an upgrade!!!). I looked on the deck plan and I am excited just to be on the cruise and would have been happy to stay in a closet:D .

My questions are:

Is this consider a good room?

Is it likely our room will be changed from this point? I know it depends on serveral factors but i was wondering if anyone had their room changed after they received their docs. If the room is changed, will we recieve new luggage tags?

Thanx in advance

Is it likely our room will be changed from this point? I know it depends on serveral factors but i was wondering if anyone had their room changed after they received their docs. If the room is changed, will we recieve new luggage tags?

Thanx in advance

There is still a chance your room can change, My Friend Mike booked an Inside Cat 4a cabin and got upgraded to a Cat. 4c, then when they arrived at the port, the Manifest had them in a Cat. 8H Balcony. YES !!! They scored. Check with the porter and they will point where the new tags are, just change them out. What most of us do is have Pre-printed Stickers so you can stick them on the new tags, I mean with your Name, Flight info, Cruise Date etc. Or just carry a Sharpie Pen with you to fill out the new tag before you hand it over.

Fred

At the risk of sounding stupid, can someone breifly explain the categories for me, Ie, 4a, 11a, 1a rtc. I know that 11 and twelve are good. I assume the numbers mean what deck u are on? Can anyone help me out.

The number is the type of cabin and the letter is the deck the cabin is on, the higher the number the higher the deck. For example 4A is an inside on the lowest passenger deck, 6A is a window on the lowest deck, 8A is a balcony on the lowest deck that has balconies. And depending on the ship there are other things here and there, categories 5s, 7s, 9s, and then the 11s and 12s which are suites.

nope, numbers are not the deck...

for example...

1x rooms are usually very small inside rooms

4x rooms are inside, the higher the letter, the higher the deck

6x rooms are ocean view

8x rooms are balcony

9x rooms are wrap-around balcony

11 rooms are mini-suites

12 rooms are deluxe suites

nope, numbers are not the deck...

for example...

1x rooms are usually very small inside rooms

4x rooms are inside, the higher the letter, the higher the deck

6x rooms are ocean view

8x rooms are balcony

9x rooms are wrap-around balcony

11 rooms are mini-suites

12 rooms are deluxe suites

On Spirit class ships, the 9x aren't wrap-around balconies, some of the category 11s are the wrap-arounds, we have one of those next month! The 9x's are just bigger cabins.

Archived