Just got our cabin # - AOS, paid for OV, upgrade to Balc. Gty, assigned D2

ds521

I just checked the RCCL website and our cabin's been assigned to a D2, #7534 on the Adventure. It's a little more forward on the ship than we're used to. Anyone know if we should expect more motion there? It's the southern Carib, March 18th cruise so hopefully we won't experience rough seas but maybe we should ask for a cabin more in the center or aft.

Not a bad deal though - we paid for outside cabins (no balcony), and were upgraded to a balcony gty, and now to a Superior D2 on deck 7.

If you can shed any light on the location of this cabin and what you think we'll have in the way of motion, please let me know. My husband can get motion sick if it's too rough.

I just checked the RCCL website and our cabin's been assigned to a D2, #7534 on the Adventure. It's a little more forward on the ship than we're used to. Anyone know if we should expect more motion there? It's the southern Carib, March 18th cruise so hopefully we won't experience rough seas but maybe we should ask for a cabin more in the center or aft.

Not a bad deal though - we paid for outside cabins (no balcony), and were upgraded to a balcony gty, and now to a Superior D2 on deck 7.

If you can shed any light on the location of this cabin and what you think we'll have in the way of motion, please let me know. My husband can get motion sick if it's too rough.

Lucky you....I switched last week to a suite guarantee on the 3/4 sailing and haven't gotten my assignment yet.

We were in cabin 8000 on The Empress of the Seas last March 18th. We picked the cabin ourselves because it is an oceanview that looks out the front of the ship. Just like looking out the front window of a car. It was our first cruise but we had no problem with motion. And let's face it, The Empress is a smaller ship. We enjoyed the cabin so much we booked 8004 (up front again) for this year. Same time, Same place.

I wouldn't worry about too much motion.

Sorry, I can't help you with location info, but I believe you have the larger size balcony. As in D's are larger than E's so YOU GUYS MADE OUT! Your ship is so large, I bet motion for hubby won't be a problem.

Upgrade fairy alive and well!

HAVE TOO MUCH FUN!

Go to Walmart or somewhere and get some ginger capsules. The day before you board have your hubby take 2 a day. One in the a.m. one in the night. Take them all the way through the cruise and he'll be fine. They work great for me. I even take them at home when I have an upset stomach. Have a great time, you got a great cabin.

I have never noticed a difference in motion anywhere on the ships. I like being closer to one of the ends than in the middle, actually. Much less foot traffic and noise going by your room. Plus being forward, if you are not a smoker there is less chance of smoke drifting back to your cabin.

I didn't think much about the noise factor in the middle of the ship - I guess it would be quieter at either end. We were in Alaska a few years ago and had a balcony aft and we loved it. We didn't notice motion there but I don't think aft is as bad as the front can be in rough seas. But then again it's the Carib. and it shouldn't be too bad.

• 9 years later...
We were in cabin 8000 on The Empress of the Seas last March 18th. We picked the cabin ourselves because it is an oceanview that looks out the front of the ship. Just like looking out the front window of a car. It was our first cruise but we had no problem with motion. And let's face it, The Empress is a smaller ship. We enjoyed the cabin so much we booked 8004 (up front again) for this year. Same time, Same place.

I wouldn't worry about too much motion.

I know this is an old thread but we have 8004 booked and I was wondering if you have pics of the view?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app