San Francisco Cruise Parking

SPLover

I am sailing on Dawn Princess out of San Francisco Feb. 27. Has anyone parked their car while sailing out of San Francisco and if so, is it safe or did you have any problems with vandalism? Thanks! :)

We've parked 4 times at 55 Francisco. It is a covered garage, and generally you park and leave your car so no one else has the key. We've never had any vandalism, but tend to park the car back about a foot from the fencing in the front, just in case. It is $12 a day (I think), and is a lockable garage. From there we wheel our suitcases less than 2 blocks to the pier and the porters. Much easier than trying to get through the crowd at the pier with a car to unload. Perhaps there isn't a problem if you come late, but we tend to get to the pier before noon, and there are still people hanging around who have just disembarked. Nancy

We've parked 4 times at 55 Francisco. It is a covered garage, and generally you park and leave your car so no one else has the key. We've never had any vandalism, but tend to park the car back about a foot from the fencing in the front, just in case. It is $12 a day (I think), and is a lockable garage. From there we wheel our suitcases less than 2 blocks to the pier and the porters. Much easier than trying to get through the crowd at the pier with a car to unload. Perhaps there isn't a problem if you come late, but we tend to get to the pier before noon, and there are still people hanging around who have just disembarked. Nancy

We did the same thing.... except we dropped our bags and passengers at the dock, then parked the vehicle. Saved on the suitcase drag.......

The price is hard to be too.

I am sailing on Dawn Princess out of San Francisco Feb. 27. Has anyone parked their car while sailing out of San Francisco and if so, is it safe or did you have any problems with vandalism? Thanks! :)

We have parked at 55 Francisco many times, with no problems. It is very safe for you and you car. Their phone # is 415-398-0208.

They take cash payment when you arrive.

We drop off our luggage, my DH deals with the porters and I park the car and walk back...5 minute walk.

Did you know that you can "self disembark" from Princess ships now?

If you can cart your luggage yourself, you can self disembark and you will be first off the ship. This is very convenient in San Francisco, as its just a 5 minute walk to parking and you are on your way!! Love it, we have done it several times.

Jeanne

Archived