Secret Harbor Bay, St. Thomas

Princess V

We will be in St. Thomas in May. I heard Secret Harbor is a great place to go for a beach day (food, chairs, etc..). Do they do day passes? From Crown Bay, will it be easy enough to get a taxi there and back? About how far? If the ship leaves at 6:00pm, what time should we leave the beach. Thanks for any information.

V:rolleyes:

Hello,

They don't do day passes that I know of. You can go to the beach, rent chairs, purchase drinks/food, no problem. It is easy enough to get a taxi there and back. There is a hotel at Secret harbor, usually a couple taxis outside the lobby area - if not ask at the lobby to have one called for you. Havensight to Secret harbor is about a 22-25 minute drive.

--Islander

We pretty sure we are going to Secret Harbour in March when we are their on the RCCL Jewel - we have been to Megan's, Coki and Sapphire before, hoping we have made a good choice ??? I will like you know any info I have when we return.

I look forward to hearing all about Secret Harbor. This will be my first visit to St. Thomas. Megan's and Sapphire sound beautiful, but I would rather get away from the crowds I thinkl. Have a wonderful trip next month.

V

Hello,

The snorkeling at Secret Harbor is good. Is it worth $10... sure, but that's a matter of opinion ;)... hopefully others offer their thoughts on that question as well.

I wanted to add a quick note; beaches like Secret Harbor, Morningstar, Cowpet have resorts/hotels/condos on site and the amenities including the chairs are intended for the hotel guests and owners. Some of them rent chairs to non-guests, however since its high season right now its possiable that the beach attendants may not do so because they have a full house. Secret Harbor is a small beach with a certain amount of chairs set out, be prepared to spread out your towel and sit in the sand if renting chairs isn't an option. ;)

--Islander

Are there public restrooms at/on the beach or are visitors allowed to use the hotel facilities? We are debating between Coki and Secret Harbour for snorkeling and just beach relaxing and it sounds like Secret Harbour would be less hectic than Coki. Another concern...Coki has lockers available (at least that is what we've read:rolleyes: ), are there any places on Secret Harbour to store belongings while snorkeling?

Hi Islander,

You mentioned in an earlier post usually only 1 to 3 ships in port the first part of May. Would that mean that Megans Beach might not be so crowded? Just wondereing if we need to go all the way to Secret Harbor to get away from it all.

Vikki

We were planning on visiting Coki beach next week from our cruise on Radiance. My husband is thinking of trying the discover scuba with the coki beach dive club, but I was thinking of just snorkling from the beach. I have several questions I would appreciate your help with: Are there chair rentals/ how much? Do I need an umbrella too or is there some shade anyway? Any food for sale? How much is the taxi to the beach? Will I need to rent a locker for my stuff?

Sorry to be such a newbie!

Thanks for any help with this!

Hello,

Carol & Jeff - you could chat with someone sitting nearby and see if they would keep an eye on your things while your in the water, get one of the waterproof small containers for your id, money, if you are traveling in a small group take turns staying with your things. Anyone else have suggestions?

Bluewave - At Coki, $5 for chair rentals, umbrellas $10... a little natural shade but not much, yes there is food/drinks at the beach shacks/stands, lockers for $5, taxi is $9 pp, ow from Havensight to Coki.

--Islander

Archived