Wait till last day to buy ships pro photos?

hammsz

I think people wait until the last day to purchase the pictures so they can choose from all the pictures that were taken. If you're only buying a couple of pictures you might not want to purchase one on Tuesday only to decide later that you like the picture taken at the last formal night better.

I have never seen the prices dropped for photos. I waited one year until the very last day to buy some photos but never could find our boarding photo, which I wanted. :( I guess they had thrown all those away. Now, if I see a photo I want, I go ahead and get it. Especially those taken early in the cruise. Usually the ones taken near the end are all up there. Also the larger the ship, the harder it is to find your photos since there are soooo many. TG23

I know I waited until the end as I thought we got a package deal so many pictures for x dollars.

If I knew I didn't want a picture, I told the person the person working. I would group the photos that we were considering together just to make it easier. i.e I browsed each day to make it easier to find our photos.

Michelle

I have a random question.....

Can only the person in the photo buy the photo??

Like, do you have to prove that person is part of your party?

We've only bought a few photos on any of the cruises (ok, I think we have bought 2 or 3 pix over the course of 4 cruises...)

I know it sounds weird, but it's a security question....

I have traveled with "minor celebs" before and always wondered if Joe Schmoe was able to go up and buy a photo of our group (because of the personality in it) even if he was not part of our group...

Or a picture of a child that is not their's....

It's always bothered me that so many photos are just out on display and anyone can pick them up and buy them

I mean, I know that the photos are not cheap, so the likelihood that you would buy someone else's photos is unlikely, but it's a random thought in my head...

The one cruise I went on (NCL), there were never any price reductions. They did however run promotions throughout the week (B2G1 Free, Free keychain, wallet-sized photos, etc.). Some were limited to one-day specials, but most were based on the size of the photo.

But like someone already suggested, you should probably wait until the tail end of the cruise so you can pick and choose which ones you want from the many you probably will have taken. They usually don't remove any of the older photos unless specifically asked to, but they do move them around as newer ones are taken. If you are afraid they might get lost, you can ask the employee handling the photos to group yours together by taking the sets and putting them behind your other ones.

I have never had to prove that I was purchasing my photos. As far as I know, anyone can buy any picture. I have purchased group photos of us and our traveling companions without questions. BTW, on several of our later cruises, I noticed that there are signs asking not to bundle photos together. A lot still do, though. They usually have a bin somewhere in the area where you can drop in the photos you know you do not want. That lightens the load a little. TG23

I have a random question.....

Can only the person in the photo buy the photo??

Like, do you have to prove that person is part of your party?

We've only bought a few photos on any of the cruises (ok, I think we have bought 2 or 3 pix over the course of 4 cruises...)

I was on a cruise and with attractive twins who could never find their pics. They later found out that these guys were buying them as soon as the were put up..lol

I was on a cruise and with attractive twins who could never find their pics. They later found out that these guys were buying them as soon as the were put up..lol

I think this is part of my concern... Not that I am paranoid or overly worried, but in todays hyper-alert about identity theft, child knappings, missing people world, myspace predators, the odd thought about what weirdos are on the cruise with you...

Been reading too many murder mysteries and watching too much Law & Order and Monk lately I guess!

I think this is part of my concern... Not that I am paranoid or overly worried, but in todays hyper-alert about identity theft, child knappings, missing people world, myspace predators, the odd thought about what weirdos are on the cruise with you...

Been reading too many murder mysteries and watching too much Law & Order and Monk lately I guess!

I wouldnt let it get to you, the zoom lens is more of an invasion of privacy. You ever notice those dirty old men with the zoom trained on the pool area:D Ok, maybe Im not making you feel any better with that comment.

I would group the photos that we were considering together just to make it easier. i.e I browsed each day to make it easier to find our photos.Michelle

The last few cruises the photo department would undo all that hard work of regrouping your photos. And put them back where they belong. Just make a note where you seen it last.

Another thing that amazed me-- We could not find a photo I knew that was taken.. the photo guy asked me what we were wearing-- and found it in less then 2 seconds.

I thought it was weird that anyone could buy a photo.

There was one pic of my 4 year old and I from the 2nd formal night that went missing. I never did see it. I guess my SIL saw it with the rest of our group (there was also one of her & my other son, and my daughter & hubbie in another photo). 2 of the photo's were there, but the 3rd with me & Austin went missing after SIL saw it. We talked to everyone in our family and only my SIL & MIL had seen it and showed me exactly where it 'was'. Gone. We talked to 3 different crew people who looked through every single photo - twice - with us looking for it. Gone.

They ended up re-printing another for us after all that hassle and I bought the re-print. Made me wonder where the other one went though if no one in our group bought it... :(

Archived