Sapphire Princess Auckland ..need information

cruzr

Does anyone know the best way to get from the Auckland airport to the port where the Sapphire will be boarding? We'll be flying in from a land tour and arriving around 9 or 10 a.m....too early for boarding. Does Princess have an area at the port where we can sit and wait for boarding or drop off our luggage until boarding time? If anyone knows, I'd really appreciate any help. Thanks. :)

Does anyone know the best way to get from the Auckland airport to the port where the Sapphire will be boarding? We'll be flying in from a land tour and arriving around 9 or 10 a.m....too early for boarding. Does Princess have an area at the port where we can sit and wait for boarding or drop off our luggage until boarding time? If anyone knows, I'd really appreciate any help. Thanks. :)

Try booking a corporate cab, that way the driver will be waiting for you at the airport and can take you straight to the ship. For more info post here and will try to help. Regards Ian [Tauranga]

We took Super Shuttle (or something with a similar name) from the port (Hilton) to the airport (had the opposite itinerary) and it was great, only $29 NZD for 2 people. I imagine a cab would cost quite a bit as it's a long drive. When we arrived in Sydney for our trip, Princess was happy to store our luggage while we walked around Sydney prior to embarking; I'd guess they'd do the same in Auckland.

Thanks, Ian and Erin! I use the Super Shuttle in Phoenix area and have always had good luck with them so may try the Auckland version as that sounds quite reasonable.

Erin, did you enjoy the cruise? We are so looking forward to this trip. :)

Yes, we're leaving AZ on Feb.5 and will join up with the Sapphire on Mar.12. I see you're from Mesa...we're in Sun City West in the winter but are Illinois residents from May to mid October. I see CChris is from Chicago, my favorite city. Go Bears!!

Hopefully, we'll meet on the Sapphire...should be a great trip. :)

You are really traveling!! You'll have to tell us where you visited prior to boarding.

We are also originally from the Chicago area...big Bears day coming up soon!! (but we are "a house divided" as my son-in-law is a rabid Colts fan.)

I don't have you down on our roll call list. The link is Sapphire, March 12 2007 on the roll call board. I think you would enjoy getting acquainted with this group - they're terrific. Many of us have planned excursions together. We will also be meeting on board. Feel free to drop by!

Erin, I read your review and thanks for making me aware of it. It's very helpful.

MrRing... I do need to go to the Roll Call board and sign up. Have just been too busy trying to gather information on everything as we'll be leaving soon.

And I MUST get packed in the next 2 or 3 days as we're leaving on Feb.5 and have to leave the 4th open for the Bears. Hope it will turn out better than the Ohio State-Fla game. :)

I know you're leaving soon, so we may not hear from you as mych on the rol call.

If you're still looking for a Tauranga tour, Ron and Barb (ciroon) have put out a last call for their independent tour.

My tour group in Dunedin is booked solid but I think another group has formed through Arthur's Tours.

We discovered that many in our group are former military (and teachers) so we are having a get together for them - and everyone - in the Windjammer Lounge on March 18 at 2 PM.

Just let us know if we can help with any of your plans.

Go Bears!!

Hi I haven't and may not have time to sign up with the CC group but will try to attend the meeting on Mar.18 if that's ok?? I'm really swamped right now with all that's going on here. Hopefully, I'll be able to start packing tomorrow as we leave here 5 a.m. Monday. Wish there was more time but have done a fair amount of research.

I can imagine with only a few days to go, you must have a great many last minute details to finish up. I'm just jealous that you are leaving a month before me!

Of course, feel free to join us on March 18. There was some talk of getting together after dinner the first evening also. If you have access to a computer, you may want to check in and see what we're up to.

Wishing you safe travels, Maureen

Archived