Queen Mary Review

SandyToes1978

Surely someone out there has eaten at Chelsea's on the QM???

LL

Chelseas is good and Sir Winstons is GREAT! Make sure to have a cocktail at the art deco bar forward and take a walk around the bow of the ship at night....just delightful.;)

HI Sunnie D,

Our experience with the early check in fir the Pride and staying on QM was easy. We went down to early check in about 8:45 and they opened up the doors for us at 9:00 am. After checking in, we went down into the engine room of the QM which was really cool to see. We then went back up to our rooms on the QM about 10:30 and got our bags and checked out. Back down on the ground outside by the dome and also by the parking garage are the porters waiting for your luggage. We gave our luggage to the porters and went and stood in Zone 1 boarding. We waited there for about 45 minutes and then they let us in! Easy Breezy! Would have hated to be in the line of people who did not do early check in!:eek:

We were on the Mary while she was still sailing (Old? Moi?) across the Atlantic. No stabilizers, ropes down the hall, lips about two inches high on the tables to keep everything from sliding off, as well as wet tablecloths.

At night dancing was interesting - first everyone crowded one side of the dance floor, and then suddenly moved to the other side. For a while we couldn't figure out how the lst class passengers got to our parties (3rd class), but later found that they had gone through the medical office, which had three doors - one for each class. We didn't have to worry about chair hogs, as everyone had an assigned deck chair. I think I'll stick with the newer ships. Nancy

My daughter and I stayed on the QM a couple of summers ago. Our room was really quite nice, far roomier than we expected with gorgeous art deco furnishings.. As for the noise, we expected it..it is an old ship after all! The "Ghosts & Legends Tour" was not at all to our likeing - cheesy, special effects, more like a bad haunted house. However, I noticed they now have paranormal tours and have started advertising the "Ghosts & Legends" as a "special-effects show". We did hear talking and water running during the night from the room next door...except in the morning, we realized that there was no room next door - we were at the end!

My niece/cruise buddy and I are staying there for 1 night before we leave on the Paradise on 3/9. Mostly because we want to be able to be as close to possible to the dock. And because my first experience wasn't that bad. I also heard that if you stay on the QM, you can check-in early for your cruise...?

If you do stay on the QM, don't expect a lot of modern conveniences, just enjoy it for what it is - an amazing, historical ship that has an interesting past.

Chelseas is good and Sir Winstons is GREAT! Make sure to have a cocktail at the art deco bar forward and take a walk around the bow of the ship at night....just delightful.;)

Thanks for the information. We will make our reservations...

LL

Archived