San Diego Embarkation Questions

Iggipolka

What time can pax start boarding the ship in San Diego? Are the cabins avaliable at that time? How long does it take (in general) to get luggage delivered to the cabin?

thanks!

You can start boarding from 11:00am to 11:30am, they are pretty fast there. Cabins will not be available at that time, so just head up to Lido deck and get something to eat. The Cruise Terminal had a total of 35 windows or reps that checks you in. So there are no lines. You should get your luggage from 4pm to 6pm, make sure they have the Cabin number on them, use a Sharpie pen.

Fred

I'm sure that in perfect circumstances Fred is right. But, if more than one ship came in that morning or there is a problem getting people off the one before you, 11:00 might be a tad early. We have only been on RC, but we went around 12:00 - 12:30 and did fine.

What time can pax start boarding the ship in San Diego? Are the cabins avaliable at that time? How long does it take (in general) to get luggage delivered to the cabin?

thanks!

We sailed on January 10th - we got to the terminal at 10:00 a.m. I know this is very early, but we came straight from the airport. There were only 6 other passengers there :D . Since we were so early we were in boarding group 2 (group 1 is VIP) our friends who arrived around 11:00 were in boarding group 6. Boarding started at 12:00 noon. We were on the Lido deck with drinks of the day in hand by 12:30. We were told at 1:30 that the rooms were ready, so down we went. Our luggage was delivered, in two groups, between 2:00 and 2:30. I think our luggage arrived so early because it was the first group of luggage loaded on, but I could be wrong.

Have a great time!

Archived