QE-2 has Noro

arlenemilt

We were just in SF today. There are only 4 folks still affected, thankfully.

Cunard made every passenger disembark in LA on Monday to do a thorough cleaning of the ship.

We spoke with many passengers embarking and they weren't concerned - just said they will take the proper precautions.

Hopefully they'll have smooth sailing from here.:)

The news report I saw also (finally) mentioned all the land-based places that are currently dealing with Noro -- especially nursing homes.

At least they didn't refer to is as the cruise ship illness!:eek:

We've noticed that change in the reporting as well - Phew!

Hey Arlene, Suzie Provo here. Got back on the 8th from the Celebrity Xpedition to the Galapagos. FANTASTIC trip. Highly recommend it. Amazing wildlife and equally amazing staff and crew!

Hope you and Milt had a lovely holiday season. Will I see you and Tony when you cruise through San Francisco this spring?

Suzie

sprovo@apr.com

Hey Arlene, Suzie Provo here. Got back on the 8th from the Celebrity Xpedition to the Galapagos. FANTASTIC trip. Highly recommend it. Amazing wildlife and equally amazing staff and crew!

Hope you and Milt had a lovely holiday season. Will I see you and Tony when you cruise through San Francisco this spring?

Suzie

sprovo@apr.com

Hi Suzie:

I've heard all the wonderful things about the Galapagos; need to fit it in somewhere in the future. My main concern is landing. Do we need high boots and do we have to supply them ourselves, or does the ship have them?

We've made reservations for two nights at the Tuscan Inn at Fisherman's Wharf. Come visit. We won't have a car. I think Tony needs to go home directly post cruise. Not sure. Would love to see you too.

Arlene

Hi Arlene,

No boots required. Most landings are on steps or rocks, and the naturalists help you off anyway. The wet landings can be done barefoot as you are by the beach (maybe 3-4 inches of water). For the rockier terrains I used my New Balance walking shoes, and for the rest I had Keen sandals. Some people use Tevas. There were people in their 70's+ even who had no trouble with the excursions, too. Even what they call "high intensity" isn't tough, because you are stopping every few minutes to take photos and the naturalist is talking about what you are seeing.If you want to snorkel, (there are about 4 or 5 places where that is offered) they even provide wetsuits, snorkels,masks and fins!

So what dates will you be at the Tuscan Inn? I will definitely come up to visit you.

Suzie

Norwalk Virus, or Norovirus, is not something new. It used to be called Stomach Flu or 24-Hour Flu. The television news people have been hyping stories about it simply because it creates a sensation. The most common way Norwalk Virus is spread is through shopping cart handles, actually.

Norwalk Virus, or Norovirus, is not something new. It used to be called Stomach Flu or 24-Hour Flu. The television news people have been hyping stories about it simply because it creates a sensation. The most common way Norwalk Virus is spread is through shopping cart handles, actually.

I don't know if they're doing it in California, but here in Florida the Publix chain of supermarkets have disinfectant wipes as you walk into the store. I have gotten into the habit of not only wiping down the handle, but the "seat" where my purse sits.

Arlene

In Long Beach, CA--Ralphs Market has the wipes for the market carts

haven't seen them anywhere else

Nancy

I notice that MOST people walk by them--maybe they are not cruisers and in the habit of being very careful

:D

In Long Beach, CA--Ralphs Market has the wipes for the market carts

haven't seen them anywhere else

Nancy

I notice that MOST people walk by them--maybe they are not cruisers and in the habit of being very careful

:D

Absolutely Nancy. Earlier today I walked into the market, paused to take a wipe and nobody else stopped to do it. The policy hasn't been publicized, so only the cruisers (maybe only CC readers) are aware of it. Would be nice if the news media hyped it, instead of always talking about what ship has an noro outbreak.

Arlene

Archived