Canopy La Vista Puerto Vallarta ????

CAcruzfunatic

I have searched the MR board for any reviews of Canopy La Vista in Puerto Vallarta. I seems the tour is so new that finding a response is a bit of a challenge.

Anyone been on this canopy tour. The views in the picutres on Puerto Vallarta Tours web site look impressive. We have been to the area where Los Veraons is and want to see some other areas. Thought this tour could be a good option.

Any input would be appreciated!

Haven't done it ourselves yet, but I thought I'd share with you the photos that I do have of the tour. Don't know if it helps since it sounds like you've already seen photos, but maybe it would help someone who hasn't seen the photos yet.

lavista1.jpg

lavista2.jpg

lavista3.jpg

lavista4.jpg

lavista5.jpg

Have fun, and make sure to report back!

Hi,

We just returned from a Princess Diamond cruise to the MX Riviera, where we did the Vallarta Adventure trip... the "Outdoor Adventure", which included the waterfall rappeling. We were divided about the excursion, while I was not able to subdue my fear, my husband loved it. The guides were professional and they got me through the whole course, even though I whined the whole way. It was a thrill of a lifetime for me, and my husband is ready to do it again, "Except for the mule ride".

Michelle

• 1 month later...

We just returned from our cruise on the Diamond Princess and the Mexican Riviera. We did the La Vista Canopy tour. We had a great time. The directions to the meeting location were great. We caught a city cab outside the cruise terminal area and were there within 5 min. The staff was great! You take a covered truck ride about 45 min east of Puerto Vallarta into the mountains. The road quickly turns to dirt and it is very windy up the side of the mountain. In many areas there is only room, or not quite enough room, for the truck you are in. Once we arrived at the canopy location they get everyone set up and provide instruction. There is a palapa covered area with benches for this instruction time. There is an adjacent palapa covered area for food and drinks. The first 5 or 6 lines are kind of a warm up and it you don't want to go on you end up at that point at the starting area. After that the lines get longer and faster. There are a number of lines that have trees fairly close and if you don't keep yourself going straight with your hand you could tag a tree with your leg. There was alway a member of the staff in front of you and behind you. The view from the top we great! However, the area was much more dry than it looks in the pictures. Most of the trees and cover were a bit brown. You do not feel like you are in a jungle area at all. There is one point toward the end that you have to climb a significant trail to the top of the mountain so after the last couple of lines you end up back where you started.

After doing this tour and another canopy tour in Roatan I would next time try either of the tours along the river. We have been in that area before and you feel much more like you are in the jungle. I enjoy the tropical feeling environment.

Overall it was a very positive experience and the staff was great! I'm glad we did it.

It looks like the pulley system is different than the ones they use at Los Veronos. LV has handles that you hold onto. Whats up with the gloves in the pictures?

We were in PV in Jan. and did the Rio Cuale Canopy Tour. The people with us were from a hotel and said they had done a Canopy Tour the previous year where they didn't have the handles like we did at Rio Cuale. They said they liked the handles because it helped you keep facing forward and not getting twisted sideways. They also said it was easier to slow down as you came in for your "landing". This was our first canopy tour so I can't compare personally.

If you are looking for something other than Los Veranos I can highly recommend the Rio Cuale tour. We had a super time and much of that had to do with the great guides we had. I really liked being in the mountains and the "jungle". We got a great peek-a-boo view on one run with where you could see the bay peeking through, framed by the mountains.

Have a fantastic time!

Archived