Booking Excursions Last Minute?

Hello, I'm booked for the Splendor this Spring (which makes port in Cozumel), and have never cruised before so of course there are many questions rolling around in my head. My main source of anxiety though is booking shore excursions. I will not be able to book or plan anything until I am already on board, due to our circumstances. My husband and I would like to take the Discover Scuba excursion, and I am wondering how quickly these programs get filled up, and what the chances would be of it being all booked up by the time we got on-board?

Also, I've read that once we're in port, there will be numerous excursion sign-up places where we could book a last-minute trip. What are your thoughts on this? Would a place like that offer non-certified diving trips? We are paranoid about possibly not getting back on time and being stranded in Cozumel. Would it be very risky for inexperienced first-timers to book excursions independently of RCCL? We basically need options for last minute bookings on Discover Scuba type trips, that would hopefully offer transportation to and from the dock in plenty of time to reboard.

One more: This sounds silly but I'm wondering what people do with their belongings (wallets, towels, cover-ups, etc) while they are snorkeling, etc? Is it safe to leave those things on the beach while you are in the water, are there lockers to rent, do you keep your important possessions on your person at all times, or...? :confused:

Thanks in advance for your patience and advice! :D

Archived