Water Bottles

Webguy

Yes, RCCL does charge for bottled water, and the charge depends on the size of the bottle. As we were coming back from a shore excursion on a hot day, they had them for sale right as you came in.

As for bringing it with you, I've heard that you can, but have never done it myself.

The water on the ship is actually quite good, though; I took a wide-mouthed nalgene bottle along and would go up to the Windjammer, grab a few glasses of ice water (they don't want you to fill water bottles from the water machines for sanitary reasons) and fill my bottle to take with me. For some reason the water in my room tasted like chlorine but the water in the dining rooms did not - better filters, maybe?

We always bring bottled water onboard with us, never been a problem. I think a bottle of water onboard was about $2.50small and $4 or so for a larger bottle plus tip!

The drinking water on the ship is very good so you could refill a bottle if you want. I am thinking to bring several empty bottles in my suitcase and fill them up, keeping them in the fridge. I like to take water ashore and up to the pool deck.

Bev

I always take a bottle onboard with me, and refill it from the sink. It will be warm from the tap, luke warm, about 80F or more, so you will need to refrigerate it, or put it in the ice bucket. They ask you to not fill at the Jammer since most people can't hit the mouth of the bottle so they stick the mouth of their bottle, with all their germs onto the spout.

For some reason the water in my room tasted like chlorine but the water in the dining rooms did not - better filters, maybe?

An activated carbon water filter will immediately remove chlorine from water. This is what we use in our home to remove chlorine from our city water for drinking.

Also upon standing or refrigeration the chlorine will gas out of the water.

I know it's to late for Webguy, but look what I bought on EBAY this AM. Look at auction number 200070937172. You can look at their website from this auction number and see all the varities (sp) available. I think this will be perfect for excursions, the beach, or just walking around town.

I actually used a buy it now option and got 2 for less than 20.00. I feel like I got a cabin upgrade in this!!:D

Archived