Shore Excursions online

dawnprincess

Hello,

This is our first Celebrity Cruise and my first experience with being asked to pay for pre-booked shore excursions on my credit card! I would have pre-ordered them by now, but since we are on a 12-day European cruise and it will be quite pricey, I'm reluctant to pay for my shore excursions NOW when I won't be taking them until late-April or May. And also worried about refunds if we change our minds and want to cancel or take a different tour. However, I WOULD like to avoid the lines at the Shore Excursion desk and also the risk that a tour I want will be filled before I have a chance to sign up for it. Any comments from Celebrity veterans and your past experience with this process? :confused:

I've never had any problem. I always buy whatever shore excursions I think I'm going to want well in advance and pay for them with my credit card. I've cancelled, changed, rebooked and never had an issue. I like having this portion of my expense paid for in advance rather than adding it to my on board account. I have also bought and paid for it pre-cruise and cancelled on board and never had an issue. The credit is then to the on-board account though and not the credit card.

Only issue is that not all the possible excursions may show up until closer to your cruise. But when you see one you want, I'd be comfortable with it. Beats the lines and the anxiety of something not being available.

me too

we've always booked in advance with x and never had a problem. sure you pay in advance but you have to pay for the cruise in advance too and thats a lot more money. we have also cancelled and changed once on board and never ever have we had a problem. credit goes to onboard account which usually needs a little help with credits anyway so no problem.

Sound advice from everyone. We've never had a problem with booking on line and even would advise it. You might get to the ship and find the trips you really want are already sold out. That's happened to a lot of people we've cruised with. We've even cancelled one or two trips from home and credit was given to our cards. No problems and this would be highly recommended.

We also like the fact that since we do take at least 3 excursions from Celebrity they're paid for before we cruise. As the previous poster said, your cruise is paid for so why not your trips.

Archived