Need help with 1688 VS 1388!

ckrobyn

I am guessing you are asking about a Voyager class ship, right?

I stayed in 1394 on VOS and I asked the resident of 1688 if I could have a look at the cabin. My thoughts, the balcony was dark because of all the metal on the side. The room was a nice size though and a bit different in shape from a normal cabin.

1388 and 1688 are the same cabin though, just different sides of the ship.

Quick question for those of you in the know....

Are these cabins exactly the same? Would you choose one over the other - and if so, why?

Thanks for the help :)

We had 1688 on Voyager last month for the first time and "We loved it !" :) I would book that cabin again in a instant ! The room is much larger then a Reg D1 cat. and the Balcony is soo much larger then a D1 cat. Our friends from the M&M had 1388 and both cabins are the same. Another thing we loved about the balcony is that you can have sun and shade at the same time it is great for everyone. If you would like to see my pictures of 1688 send me a e-mail to cruzjandk@aol.com and I will be happy to send them over.

Cali :)

Monarch Baja 11/30/07

Voyager W. Caribbean 12/06

Voyager E. Caribbean 11/05

S.S. Azure Seas Baja 11/90

Great! Thanks for the info.

I just booked 1688 for our AOS cruise in February 2008 :)

Hey Ck

That is great news. I thought you guys were thinking of changing plans for next February??

As you know, I snagged 1388 for next January. I'm pretty excited about it. I'll take lots of pictures for you. :)

As posted by someone else, they are exactly the same....but completely opposite! They are "mirror" opposites. The main thing that this effects is which side of the cabin the bed is on. I prefer my side of the bed to be closer to the balcony so I always take 1688! When you enter 1688 the head of the bed will be on the wall to your right. When you enter 1388 the head of the bed will be on the wall to your left! :D

Hey Ck

That is great news. I thought you guys were thinking of changing plans for next February??

As you know, I snagged 1388 for next January. I'm pretty excited about it. I'll take lots of pictures for you. :)

You know me - I will change plans a million times before my cruise! BUT, now that I have snagged THIS cabin....it is highly unlikely ;)

As posted by someone else, they are exactly the same....but completely opposite! They are "mirror" opposites. The main thing that this effects is which side of the cabin the bed is on. I prefer my side of the bed to be closer to the balcony so I always take 1688! When you enter 1688 the head of the bed will be on the wall to your right. When you enter 1388 the head of the bed will be on the wall to your left! :D

Thanks for the info Bonnie - I was hoping you would see this thread! :)

I'm going to try and poke my nosey nose in 1688 next month when we are in 1694 on the AOS...maybe on turnaround day of my B2B when the cabin is wide open being cleaned! :p

We booked #1694 for our NOS cruise in February 2008. I had the same decision to make, 16 or 13 (94). I chose 1694 because I seem to have OCD...lol when I am facing the two doors, I want the one on the right. Ha ha!

Have fun planning, I am!

http://www.romain-moisescot.com/voyagerclass/virtualtour/aft/aftFR.html

I'm going to try and poke my nosey nose in 1688 next month when we are in 1694 on the AOS...maybe on turnaround day of my B2B when the cabin is wide open being cleaned! :p

That is an excellent idea!! ;)

Cali was nice enough to send me some great photos. The new bedding looks good and the rest of the cabin looks fabulous. I can't wait. :)

http://travel.webshots.com/album/42736707mJbKZS

1688/1388 is nearly as large as 1694/1394. Of course it doesn't have the larger bathroom with bathtub and it doesn't have the large closet, but it also doesn't have the large pricetag! ;)

Bonnie, once again you are awesome! Those pics are fantastic - thanks for the link (I added it to my favorites!) :D

Hi Robyn...

You will love cabin 1688.;)

We had this cabin on Navigator last month and loved it.

It is a real big D1 cabin with lots of room.

We have cabin 1100 on Radiance next December that you had on your Radiance cruise and we are really looking forward to that cabin and cruise.:D

Do you know if the sleeper sofa sleeps 1 or 2 people by chance ?

Bob:)

Great! Thanks for the info.

I'll let you know in a few weeks.......but then again......we will cross paths..I will be all bummed out getting off the ship and you will be all geeked getting on board for 2 glorious weeks!

I am pretty excited that I booked the Radiance in a JS 1100. Were you in that room, too?? Let's hope for fabulous weather!!

Hi Robyn...

You will love cabin 1688.;)

We had this cabin on Navigator last month and loved it.

It is a real big D1 cabin with lots of room.

We have cabin 1100 on Radiance next December that you had on your Radiance cruise and we are really looking forward to that cabin and cruise.:D

Do you know if the sleeper sofa sleeps 1 or 2 people by chance ?

Bob:)

We have 1688 on AOS in 3 weeks and 1100 on Radiance over Thanksgiving! I'm beginning to get really excited!

Archived