Need help with 1688 VS 1388!

ckrobyn

I'll let you know in a few weeks.......but then again......we will cross paths..I will be all bummed out getting off the ship and you will be all geeked getting on board for 2 glorious weeks!

I am pretty excited that I booked the Radiance in a JS 1100. Were you in that room, too?? Let's hope for fabulous weather!!

Yes! I had 1100 this past November and have TONS of pics to prove it! You will love the cabin - simply stated, it is amazing! Great size and an unbelievable balcony :D

Hi Robyn...

You will love cabin 1688.;)

We had this cabin on Navigator last month and loved it.

It is a real big D1 cabin with lots of room.

We have cabin 1100 on Radiance next December that you had on your Radiance cruise and we are really looking forward to that cabin and cruise.:D

Do you know if the sleeper sofa sleeps 1 or 2 people by chance ?

Bob:)

Hey Bob!

Actually we didn't even open the sofa! :eek: We were only 2 people in the cabin so we didn't need it. I DID sit on it though and it was comfy! LOL

I should have opened it because I want to know if it is the same as what we had the last time we were on the Radiance....if it is....warning! NOT comfortable at all. More like a futon than a bed. Oh well - guess we gotta deal with it!

Thanks, Bonnie! We have 1688 booked for our January 08 Voyager cruise! I've seen your photos of the aft balconies, but that's the first time I've seen the cabin. I had no idea the cabin was so large! I really AM going to be spoiled!

Thank you!

Thanks for the info Bonnie - I was hoping you would see this thread! :)

I'm going to try and poke my nosey nose in 1688 next month when we are in 1694 on the AOS...maybe on turnaround day of my B2B when the cabin is wide open being cleaned! :p

CKRobin, we've stayed in both 1688 and 1694. We found the rooms to be close to the same, although you'll swear that 1688 is larger because of its square shape. It is a little wider than 1694, but not as long. No doubt, the balcony is a decent bit larger on 1694, as well as the bathroom. You know I've joined Bonnie a lot of times in praising aft balcony cabins. Again, she's right--the price tag of 1688 is not as large either. Overall, it's 1688/1388 for us. You'll enjoy both.

CKRobin, we've stayed in both 1688 and 1694. We found the rooms to be close to the same, although you'll swear that 1688 is larger because of its square shape. It is a little wider than 1694, but not as long. No doubt, the balcony is a decent bit larger on 1694, as well as the bathroom. You know I've joined Bonnie a lot of times in praising aft balcony cabins. Again, she's right--the price tag of 1688 is not as large either. Overall, it's 1688/1388 for us. You'll enjoy both.

Thanks CLQ - I appreciate your comments.

We are really looking forward to 1694 on the AOS!

I have a question......it seems as if there is less metal to look through at the center of the balcony of 1688 compared to 1694? I noticed in balcony pics of 1694 that if you are sitting down, there is a metal beam that runs across the width of the balcony as opposed to be it being clear like other balconies I have been on. Can you comment?

We have 1688 booked for our January 08 Voyager cruise!

Just realized I had a "Duh" moment last night when I posted. I'm not in 1688, I'm in 6688. I was wondering why someone said it was a D1...because it is! But I have an E1, so it won't be that bag. :( Oh well, this is our first balcony and we're very excited to have an aft, so maybe it'll be 6688 NEXT time.

Hi All,

I have 1388 booked on the Mariner of the Seas for October 28, 2007.

Eastern Caribbean. This is my second cruise, my first was 11/7/05

on the Soveriegn of the Seas. We had a outside cabin in deck 2.

I can't wait to have a balcony! Anyone have pictures of 1388 or experiences in 1388?

;)

Thanks CLQ - I appreciate your comments.

We are really looking forward to 1694 on the AOS!

I have a question......it seems as if there is less metal to look through at the center of the balcony of 1688 compared to 1694? I noticed in balcony pics of 1694 that if you are sitting down, there is a metal beam that runs across the width of the balcony as opposed to be it being clear like other balconies I have been on. Can you comment?

You ask an interesting question that I'm going to hope Bonnie rides to the rescue on. I'll try, though. Likeliest answer is to remind you that on 1688/1388 you are closer to the sides of the ship, and therefore you don't have nearly as much of the ship's aft superstructure directly in front of you. I think that in pics you've seen, it's the superstructure that makes the difference. In other words--on the corners you can look a little more straight down into the water, whereas with 1694/1394 you have to look a little further straight out to see into the water because of the curve and sheer size of the superstructure beyond the balcony. Also, the railing on 1688/1388 is angled from the floor up to the top, whereas in 1694 the railing is straight up and down. So, in pics that may make it look a little different between the two types of rooms. However, with the two cabins it is the same type railing other than the angle. Disclaimer: my pictures of 1388/1688 are from Navigator and 1694/1394 are on Voyager. Link to my pics: http://community.webshots.com/user/clqualls Hope this all helps. I know what I'm saying, but not sure if it's clear to anyone other than me. 2342204430039822749QQxrkJ_th.jpg

Hi All,

I have 1388 booked on the Mariner of the Seas for October 28, 2007.

Eastern Caribbean. This is my second cruise, my first was 11/7/05

on the Soveriegn of the Seas. We had a outside cabin in deck 2.

I can't wait to have a balcony! Anyone have pictures of 1388 or experiences in 1388?

;)

It's exactly the same, cabin and balcony, as 1688 only mirror opposite in how it's turned. In 1388, bed should be on your left as you go into the cabin from the hallway. If you go to back to Bonnie Voyager's post and link to her pics, you'll see some good interior/exterior shots of these cabins and balconies. Great room.

Archived