Did I screw up?

ccamp

I was booked on the Panorama Deck 1031. I called in when I saw the rate go down for balcony cabins for our Glory April7th cruise. They said I could not get the discount on the Panamara deck but I could switch to a back cabin on Empress 7453 which has a much larger balcony. Now I hear that it is hot (cabin or outside deck) and I read that the room is smaller with no couch. Does anywe know anything about this layout? Should I switch back to the Panorama deck?

Thansk

Carroll

I was booked on the Panorama Deck 1031. I called in when I saw the rate go down for balcony cabins for our Glory April7th cruise. They said I could not get the discount on the Panamara deck but I could switch to a back cabin on Empress 7453 which has a much larger balcony. Now I hear that it is hot (cabin or outside deck) and I read that the room is smaller with no couch. Does anywe know anything about this layout? Should I switch back to the Panorama deck?

Thansk

Carroll

do you mean 7435?

okay. that makes better sense (b/c i cldn't find the cabin # you originally posted). this is a true aft. i've never stayed in one if these, but many CC board members have and they haved "raved" about them.

if you can get the search function to work, try searching out threads. i do think members have said these balconies are, in fact, bigger. w/ your cabin switch you are going from one extreme to the other (the very front of the ship to the very back). don't know if you have a personal preference for either, but that cld be a determinimg factor for you.

empress is totally sandwiched btwn 2 passenger decks -- nice and quiet. your panorama cabin is under the salon (if you think that public space might bother you. but then again, being under a salon is much different than being under a bar...)

I did try a search but did not find that room layout. I am glad you saw the room I thought maybe I booked a non existant cabin (lol). If anyone knows or has pictures or information of this aft cabin 7451 Empress deck it would be appreciated.

:confused: I'm confused, 1st you asked about 7453

was booked on the Panorama Deck 1031. I called in when I saw the rate go down for balcony cabins for our Glory April7th cruise. They said I could not get the discount on the Panamara deck but I could switch to a back cabin on Empress 7453 which has a much larger balcony.
but later you asked about 7451
did try a search but did not find that room layout. I am glad you saw the room I thought maybe I booked a non existant cabin (lol). If anyone knows or has pictures or information of this aft cabin 7451 Empress deck it would be appreciated.
So which is it you wanted to know about?:confused: I don't guess it really matters, both of those cabins are exactly the same they are side by side as a matter of fact, but it threw me for a minute.

Sorry bubbles

I wrote in a second post that I switched to 7451 because that room had a sofa. I am trying to figure out if I should switch back to the Panorama deck. I have not had any experience in a deck in the back of the ship. After I booked it someone told me that the balconies get very dirty and the cabin gets hot from full sun. I have only had a balcony cabin once on the Destiny and honestly was just thrilled with having a balcony.

This is an early anniversary trip and I want it to be nice. If anyone has had this cabin or similar their thoughts would be appreciated.

Just got back from the Miracle and had an aft balcony cabin. There is very little breeze on these balconies, but watching the wake is mesmerizing. First five days, the balcony was very clean and comfortable. On the last two days, we did get quite a bit of black soot. We also were now sailing east and did get full afternoon sun which made the balcony and the cabin quite warm. In the future we will choose a side balcony. That way we get a constant breeze while under way and even if we are in the sun, it feels cooler.

I am fresh off the Conquest yesterday and we stayed in 7453. :) This was our second cruise on the Conquest; the first we were in 1030, now that's a coincidence.

First both cabins are wonderful but if you have not tried an aft balcony this is a great time to do so. You are right that 7453 is smaller, actually thinner by about six inches. It does not have a sofa but it has a table and two chairs which I preferred but my wife was disappointed in not having the sofa. 7451 does have a sofa so if you want the sofa you have the right cabin.

The balcony was too hot to sit on only when we re boarded in Grand Cayman last Thursday. It was nearly 90 degrees and calm. The ship was facing due east so our balcony had no escape from the sun. Once we set sail things were fine. If you book a conventional balcony you may have more protection from the sun but you will find yourself in a wind tunnel at times that makes it just as unusable. It is a trade-off. For us the larger aft balcony was by far the better choice. I have read from others who felt differently. Try it and see what you think. I think you will be very pleasantly surprised. :)

Bill

Thanks for the response regarding the fan. I had asked for one on the Fantasy last year and they said they did not have one so I thought about bringing one. In the end I did not need one. (I sleep with one at home all year round).

YST347 wow that is a funny coincidence. I think we will be okay based on what you are saying. My husband prefers a sofa to sit on so I switched to the one I heard had a sofa. I never knew these cabins were in demand. I was told it was surprising they were not booked already. Did you notice a lot more motion on the back of the ship in that cabin?

The only noticeable difference in the motion aft as compared to our other sailings was when the ship was maneuvering in port. The thrusters would cause quite a bit of vibration but this only lasted for a few minutes and was not a bother to us.

Is the motion greater at the ends than in the middle? The physics tell me so but I do not suffer from motion sickness so I may not be the best person to ask if you are very sensitive to motion.

Bill

Thanks for the response regarding the fan. I had asked for one on the Fantasy last year and they said they did not have one so I thought about bringing one. In the end I did not need one. (I sleep with one at home all year round).

YST347 wow that is a funny coincidence. I think we will be okay based on what you are saying. My husband prefers a sofa to sit on so I switched to the one I heard had a sofa. I never knew these cabins were in demand. I was told it was surprising they were not booked already. Did you notice a lot more motion on the back of the ship in that cabin?

when we did the HAL cruise keeping the drapes closed helped a lot. The air went out for a day in the suite and they got us a fan.

I'm sure all lines must have some fans around. Maybe the steward didn't want to get you one. Who knows.:)

Bill

We booked aft cabin 7451 Empress deck on the Valor for our 4/1 honeymoon cruise.

Have never been aft either(balconies always!), but the man we spoke to at Carnival said he had just had that room on his cruise and LOVED IT!! He said it was like getting an upgrade without paying for it! I don't mind the walking to get to places (might not gain any pounds!) and love the idea of nobody running the halls etc.

Can't wait!!

We loved the aft cabin - we had the one with the wrap-around balcony and it was even better. We loved standing out on the back deck and chatting with everyone as we pulled into or left a port. The decks are stacked so you can see everyone below you.

LOVED IT, but this time can't afford it - we got it last time as a surprise upgrade!!!

Archived