Picking up tickets at the pier?

Nanookz

We bought our tickets for our next cruise about 2 weeks ago now. Have heard anything from the agency about when the tickets would be delivered. Sent an email and they responded with the tickets are picked up at the pier. I've cruised several times before with Carnival (first with Princess) and we always got our tickets ahead of time. Is this a Princess thing? I don't think that I care for picking them up at the pier.

thanks
z

If you booked fairly late then they could do a Pier pick up, otherwise they can Fedex them to you directly providing your TA calls them with those instructions...otherwise no worries about a Pier Pick up ..just show your ID and you'll be checked-in.:cool: :eek: :cool:

This does happen when you book at the last minute. We have had 'pier pick up' of our documents before, never a problem.

Nothing to worry about, just make sure to take all of your documentation with you.
As you arrive, just tell the porters your name and they should have a manifest with your cabin number on it and will assist you in putting the luggage tags on your luggage even before you check in to the ship.

Bon Voyage!

[b][color=black]We have done it three times, it adds about 5 minutes to the check in process, no worries, people lose tickets on nearly every sailing and they are there with you on board probably in the seat you wanted at the theater.[/color][/b] :D

Just seems rather wierd. We don't leave until Sept. 26 out of San Juan so they have plenty of time to send them I thought. The whole concept of flying all the way there and not having something in my hands freaks me out.
z

[quote name='Nanookz']Is there any precruise information that we need to fill out on the internet prior to boarding? I know that RCL does this and CL started doing this to speed up check in times.[/QUOTE]

Check the Princess website and fill out the Cruise Personalizer.

Something else I would do, of course I'm paranoid sometimes :confused: , is to call Princess yourself and CONFIRM that they have your reservations, and ask them where your tickets are! :) Actually, I booked once with a different travel agent, and was uncomfortable about some of the answers I was getting, and I did just that...............felt a lot better when I knew that Princess had my reservation.

I agree that something sounds fishy here. For a cruise not leaving until the end of September, I have no idea why they would tell you to pick up your docs at the pier. The only time I've been told that is when I booked 6 days prior to leaving. And this past April, I booked one week before, and I still got my docs delivered to my house...my TA overnighted them. First things first, I would call Princess and confirm your booking. If they tell you they can't give you any info because you booked with a TA and you have to go through them, explain your concerns. If they have no booking, you have a problem. If you do have a booking, ask Princess why you can't get your docs sent to your house. If they say you should be able to get them, call your TA back and insist they be sent.

It's not a big deal to pick them up at the pier, but why should you have to if you didn't book last minute? Maybe the TA is trying to save money by not having to Priority Mail them. But that should be built into your fare.

I have book with CruCon for a few cruises now. Never a problem. This time they started offering the ablity to book online with a lower rate. So this time we decided to do this to save some time and money. So far there are two problems with this.

One the whole not getting docs ahead of time. From what they said today they will send them for $15. I'll have to ask the wife is she wants to spend the money.

Two and the more major of the two in my opinion. They won't talk to you on the phone only by email. I'm an IT guy and love email but sometimes you can solve an issue faster by just talking on the phone then by going back and forth with emails there by wasting more time in the end.

Archived