How do you get all of those great souvenirs home from China???

Lurontravel

How to get all of those great souvenirs home???

I am very interested in the great shopping in China (Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong, etc.:D ), but with the very strict weight restrictions on luggage for the inter-China airlines, how does one get everything home???:confused: I am sure that there must be several (I hope!) options, and I'd love it if you'd go through all that you know. I am afraid that I'll get some great deals, only to have to pay through the nose to get them around China with me so I can take them home:eek: . Then they wouldn't be such great bargains anymore:(. I think I'd like a rug amoung other things...many other things.

Thank you so much!

Lurontravel,

You may be surprised to learn that China - easily the largest country on Earth - has a postal system. After living in China for 10 years, I find the Chinese Postal system far superior to the one in the USA - and it costs far less.

If you are not able to use the Post Office, you may opt for FedEx or one of the many other express shippers.

Most large shops and Hotels in China are happy to assist you in shipping your purchases home.

Are you going on a land tour that starts and finishes at the same hotel? you can always store things with them - that's what we did when we traveled there this summer.

I agree with Jim as to shipping them home. We found the mail service to be very good in China.

Charlie

Thank you Charlie and Jim. I had figured that there must be shipping options, I was not sure of how efficient (or expensive) the Chinese postal system is. I had a bad experience once, as I mailed things home from Venice, Italy never to see them again, and it was certainly a good bit more expensive then the USPS. So, it is really quite a relief to hear that not only is their postal system good, but reasonably priced.

Archived