Mexican Pharmacies

wanderlust614

Most everyting can be bought over the counter, i always bring back antibiotics, the best thing to do is take empty medicine bottles with you and get them refilled, that will help with getting them thru customs.

I bring back meds on every trip and have never had a problem.

Some drugs have to be oked by the phamacist so they may charge a small consultation fee.

I have gone to Mexico several times to get precription drugs.

YOU HAVE TO BE CAREFUL with what you are bringing back into the US. Some medications have a "only X amount can be carried over the border"

It is not as easy today to bring medications back to the US as it was 5 or 6 years ago.

About two years ago a guy from AZ when across the border in Nogales to get his girl friends meds. He did not have a prescription for those meds. He got stopped and was placed in a Mexican Jail. I'm sure you can find the story on the NET.

Not everyone has problems but you need to be aware that there is always the potential to have problems when coming back from Mexico.

If you have a prescription BRING IT!!

We have purchased antibiotics in Mexico and Belize. In Belize I saw a sign in front of a pharmacy advertising Viagara. 30 pills for $90 or $4 for 1 pill. Since you can cut one in half thats only $2 a pop. I did the math.:D

I also had someone in Belize offer some Glaucoma meds.

We have purchased antibiotics in Mexico and Belize. In Belize I saw a sign in front of a pharmacy advertising Viagara. 30 pills for $90 or $4 for 1 pill. Since you can cut one in half thats only $2 a pop. I did the math.:D

I also had someone in Belize offer some Glaucoma meds.

That is what I have been waiting to hear. I'm also travelling with family on this trip and my brother wants me to pick him up some as well.

I just went on the Customs and Border control website, and they say if you do not have a perscription for a pharmacutical, and you can buy it in a forign country, if it can be legally perscibed in the US you can bring back up to 50 doses if they are in their original packaging.

Hey Kcarp,

There are several stores at the tender dock. It really depends on where you dock or tender. They sell anything from drugs to trinkets and t-shirts. I can't wait to go back to Belize. They had several stores that sold wood carvings. Very nice. Coz has more stone goodies that wood. If you find any wood carvings please let me know.

Wanderlust, Are you looking for Viagara or glaucoma meds.:D

Joe, I buy the Playboys for the discount coupons. Haven't you noticed that they have 50 to 100% off?;)

Archived